Chapter 5

Emilie decided to go home before the kegger to check in with her family and shower. When she got there most of the mess from the hurricane was cleaned up, only a few sticks scattered throughout her yard.

Her house was very big and she wouldn't deny it, but it wasn't as huge as some of the other houses on her side of the island. It was 2 stories with a basement. 8 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. It was a rather simple more modern house.

"Papa?!" She called as her and Molly entered the house.

"Oui, ma belle (Yes my dear)" he called back.

"Just wanted to know if you were here," she said as she walked in the kitchen.

Her dad walked in shortly after her, "Whatcha doing?"

"I'm gonna shower, and then I'm going to hang out with the pogues." She replied, choosing to leave out the kegger part as to not worry him.

"Fun," He said back, "have you eaten?"

"No, but I'm not that hungry I'll probably just grab a snack."

"Okay, I'm gonna go watch "The Bachelor" with Monica if you need me."

"Kk" she laughed at her father.

Emilie fed her dog then made her way upstairs to her room. She had barely entered her room when her 13 year old stepsister burst through the door.

"Kat go away!" She yelled.

"Can I borrow your white belt, please?"

"No"

"Why?"

"Because I said no."

"I hate you" Kat said flipping her off before leaving the room.

Emilie got in the shower and washed herself, when she got out she brushed her teeth before getting dressed. She wore denim shorts with a black crop top.

She walked down to her basement and into the living room where brothers had been watching "Daddy's home", since her family had already gotten backup generators.

Emilie sat next to her twin brother and snatched some popcorn. "Fuck off" he said pushing her away.

"Jeez! Sorry," She said getting up to go back to her room.

When she got in her room she saw JJ sitting in her bed " Holy Chalupa!" She exclaimed.

He laughed at her antics,"Your dad let me in."

"You scared the shit out of me." She spoke as she sat next to him.

"You smell nice," he said sniffing her hair.

"I always do," she says back, leaning her head on his shoulder.

A few moments later Katrina bursts through the door again.

"Kat, I told you to stay out of my room!"

Kat snatched Emilie's belt from the top of her dresser before making a run for it. "You can't beat me while you boyfriends here." She calls as she runs out of the room.

"Fucking watch me!" Emilie yelled chasing her.

JJ watches from the doorway, amused as Emilie tackles Kat in the middle of the hallway and takes the belt back.

The bedroom door to their left opens, they both freeze."What the fuck are you guys doing?" Her older stepsister Hailey yells looking annoyed. She looks at them for a second before speaking, "You know what I don't wanna know," she said closing her door.