chapter 2.25

"Go. Go. Go, go. Go." JJ says once I get in and we all run to the back of the container.

After waiting a few minutes a man comes and flashes a light into the container. "Okay. She's good to go. Lock her up." He says making John B and JJ fist bump before the door closes.

Suddenly there the sound of metal clanking and we start to move. "What have I gotten myself into?" I whisper to myself.

After driving for about five minutes we stop. "We gotta be on the dock now." JJ speaks up.

"Shhh." John B tells him.

The container starts moving aggressively as we get lifted onto the ship making me grip onto JJ's arm.

"Jesus Christ!" Pope says as he hit a wall.

The movement stops and we hear a man yell. "Okay! You're good!" Signaling that we were on the boat.

"We made it." JJ says.

"Be quiet, JJ." I tell him.

John B get up and looks out a small window. He jumps when a hand appears and a man peaks through. John B duck below the window and we all go quiet.

After about an hour of being on the ship it starts to get really hot in the container. "Nice work, John B. You know these things lock from the outside, right?" JJ says.

"Okay, I was just trying to get us on the boat, JJ." John B tells him. "I wasn't thinking that far ahead."

"Yeah. Well, now we're stuck in here like rats in this death cage."

"It's fucking hot." I lay my head back onto the wall of the container.

"Okay, JJ, you're not helping." Pope tells him.

"You don't have a lot of room to talk right now, Pope. You said you had a plan, but what happened to thinking ahead?" JJ retaliates.

"I find your lack of self-knowledge disturbing."

"Last I checked, you literally shot an oil container with the gat. Remember that?"

"Oh my god! Shut up. Shut up!" Kie raises her voice at them. "Pull it together."

They both sigh. "Okay." JJ says.

"Let's try to find a way out of here." Pope tells us.

After what felt like days but was only a few hours JJ spoke up again. "Hey, Pope. How do you kill a snake?"

Pope rolls his eyes. "You go for the head."

"Exactly. But the head, in this instance, is the bridge. To take the bridge, we need maximum firepower. And I happen to know that there's an armory on this ship in case of pirate attacks."

"Pirate attacks?" I ask.

"If we take that. And I'm not just talking pistols."

"You lost me." I tell him.

"I'm talking knives."

"Killing everybody here is not a plan."

"I'm serious. If we get to the armory, I'm talking AKs, pistols, knives, double-barrels-" JJ list off the weapons before John B cuts him off.

"JJ! We gotta get outta here."

"We can't do anything if we're still stuck in here. If I just get enough pressure, I can spartan kick that thing open." JJ says.

"You're not kicking shit." I tell him.

"Stop it. Stop it." Pope demands.

"Then what do you got, Einstein?" JJ questions.