Chapter 2.3

They all went home JJ stayed with Emilie that night.

"I just think it bullshit that they never believe us." Emilie said putting her hair up.

"Yeah, well, what did you expect." JJ said coming to stand behind her in the mirror.

"I don't know." She said turning around while lifting her shirt to see her back. A bruise was forming and there was a small scratch down her back. "Ow."

"Woah, I didn't think it was that bad." JJ said tracing the scratch.

"It's fine," She pulled her shirt back down. "It's not as bad as it looks."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, anyways let's get some sleep tomorrow we're getting that gun."

The next day Kiara came and got them and they drove to the sewers.

"This is the north drain, it should've gotten washed into the gully. So if it got flushed out from this drain, it would've been pushed out to like-" JJ was cut of by Pope.

"Somewhere in this trash."

"Correct."

Kie sighed. "Oh my god, people who use plastic should be shot."

"Okay, personally, I love plastic. Use it everyday, love the stuff." JJ said.

"Okay, well, hopefully you recycle it and don't just let it flush into the ocean."

"I thought you'd say something like that, so..." Pope held up some trash bags. "trash bags."

"Did you just, proactively protect the environment?"

"Maybe."

"You want us to leave you two alone, or what's going on?" JJ asked.

Pope threw the trash bags at him.

"Pick up the trash." He said.

Emilie and JJ went one way and Pope and Kie went the other.

"Are we as gross as them?" Emilie asked.

"No, there's no way." JJ told her.

"Oh, thank god."

JJ picked up a piece of garbage and threw it towards Emilie.

"Ew! You nasty son of a bitch." Emilie squealed making JJ laugh.

They had picked all the trash but didn't find the gun.

"Well that was fun." JJ said.

"If it's not in the trash, then it's gotta be somewhere in the storm drain." Pope told them.

"It's in the drain."

"Damn it."

"Of course it is." Emilie sighed.

"Good thing I brought the crow." JJ said.

"So, are we gonna do, like, rock, paper, scissors? Or alphabetically?" Kie asked.

"No! Not alphabetically." Emilie said.

"Nah. On three Pope. One, two, three." JJ said and they opened the drain.

"Or, like, the oldest goes?" Kie continued.

"That could work." Emilie said.

"In the sewer, there's this worm that you get when you're down there. It gets into your blood, and then is has to come out your pecker." JJ told them. "So that would be a hard pass from me."