Chapter 2.7

JJ jumped out of the tree and helped Emilie down. When they were both on the ground JJ rushed her into the bathroom and pulled out a first aid kit and poured alcohol onto a cotton pad.

"I'm gonna kill him." JJ said through gritted teeth while pulling off her shirt leaving her in her bra.

"Babe, I'm fine." Emilie said pushing JJ's hands away as he tried to tend her injury.

"No Em, you're not. You just got shot."

"It barely even hurts, and the bullet isn't in there so really, there's no need." She jumped off the counter and went to open the door but JJ grabbed her and lifted her back up.

"You're not even wearing a shirt you can't go out there. Now, I need to clean it, if I don't it'll get infected."

"I can clean it myself then." She reached for the cotton pad in his hand. The truth was that she was scared of the pain.

"No you can't, you won't do it properly, so stop being stubborn and let me clean it."

"I will clean it prop- FUCK ME!" JJ had started to clean the wound. "Même pas de trois, deux, un? (Not even a three, two, one?)" Emilie tried to move but his grip was too strong.

"It's gonna be over soon, I promise." JJ said.

He had moved to get more alcohol and Emilie thought he was done. "Oh, thank the lord." She Sighed.

"Just a little more." JJ poured alcohol onto her arm.

"You fucking bitch!" She groaned trying to kick her legs but JJ was leaning on them.

A string of curse words left her mouth and JJ finally bandaged the arm.

"All better." He said kissing her head and hugging her.

"I don't like you." Emilie said hugging him back.

"I love you too."

They stayed like that for a while before JJ went to the spare bedroom to get her one of his shirts.

"I need a nap." Emilie said exiting the bathroom.

The next day they waited at the dock for Kie and Pope so they could leave the Chateau.

"Finally." JJ sighed as they pulled up. "Hey! Guys don't tie up."

"What?" Kie asked.

"We're dipping."

"Wait why?" Pope asked.

"I got shot." Emilie shrugged.

"What are you talking about?" Kie asked shocked.

"Where'd you guys go? What happened last night." John B asked while helping Sarah walk.

"We slept on the break, what's up?" Pope asked.

"Slept, right. Yeah. We were up all night." JJ said as him and Emilie got in the boat.

"We gotta get the hell outta here." John B jumped in the boat.

"Rafe knows we're here, so we have to leave, like now." Sarah told them.

"Okay." Kie said.

"Come on." Pope told them.

They drove to a small clearing on the marsh and hung out there.

"Look, if Rafe and Barry know, it's only a matter of time." Kie states.

"Before everyone knows." Pope agrees.

"I told you." JJ scoffs. "We shoulda just gone south, man."

"Just stop it." John B told him.

"Why does no one ever listen?"

"I get it, I get it. I understand."

"I have an idea." Sarah states. "With me back, my dad's going to have to choose between me and Rafe."

"Sarah, Sarah-" John B starts.

"He's gonna choose me."

"Just please listen. Ward keeps lying to you, Sarah."

"Sarah, he's not gonna agree after everything that's happened."

"No. I...I know it sounds crazy."

"Yeah I does."

"I know! But he's my dad. And I know him, and I know he loves me. I'm just asking for two hours." Sarah got up and started making her way to the HMS Pogue.

"Sarah!" John B called after her and followed her.

They watched John B and Sarah have a hushed conversation before she started walking towards the boat again, she drove through the water to her house. About 2 hours later she came back.

"Hey, there she is." John B said.

"Sarah!" Kie yelled with her arms up in the air.

They ran down to the shore to greet her.

"So how'd it go?" John B asked.

"You guys were right, it didn't work." Sarah told them.

"Well, then that settles it guys. Y'all need to load up the patty wagon, and get the heck out of dodge right now." JJ says.

"Right, you guys are gonna need supplies and split as soon as possible." Pope tells them.

"Guys, I think it's too late." Emilie states as multiple police boat pull up.

"They followed you here." John B said. "It must've been your father.

⚠️Please read⚠️
A/N: Hi guys I know this chapter is a lot shorter than they usually are and that's because our Wifi is being fixed and Netflix isn't working very well with my data, so I can't get all the lines. Also I might not be as active because my family is dragging me on a road trip to Ontario for 2 weeks.❤️