chapter 2.22

After waiting for a minute Kie speaks up. "You killed him."

"No." Ricky denies.

"Yes, you did!" Kie yells at him.

"I didn't do shit." Ricky denies.

"What did you do?"

"I did exactly what you asked me to do."

"Please! Pope, please, come on!"

"Pope, come on bro!" JJ shakes Pope's shoulders.

"Pope, wake up." I shake him a little.

Suddenly Pope gasps and starts breath again.

"Wait, wait, wait, he-" JJ gets cut off my Pope coughing and Ricky laughing.

"Pope!" I say excitedly while hugging him.

Pope sit up slowly with coughing and gasping for air.

"There he is. That's my boy right there!"

"It's hot!" Pope pushes me away gently. "I'm real hot guys." He takes off the flannel that he was wearing over his shirt.

"It's okay. Take it easy." JJ tells him.

Pope gets up off the table and walks to the front door. "I gotta get outside." He says opening the door.

"Simmer down." John B tells him.

"Take a second!" Kie yells at him.

"I need to get outside." He starts running around Ricky's front yard.

"I owe you." JJ says to Ricky as we exit his house after Pope.

"Thank you so much." I say.

"Are there any side effects we should be concerned about?" Sarah asks him as he closes the door.

"He'll have a rocket up his ass for about a half and hour, then he'll be fine."

"Let's go get that cross! Whoo!" Pope runs and jumps around the yard. "Game six! I'm Michael Jordan!"

"Yeah, game six!" John B agrees.

Then next thing I knew it was dark outside and I was squished between Sarah and JJ in the back of my car, John B was beside Sarah while Pope drove and Kie was in the passenger seat. Pope was driving really fast and I was honestly scared for my life.

"Uh, Pope, you're driving pretty fast." Sarah speaks up.

Pope doesn't acknowledge here and howls as he speeds down the road.

"Pope, last to judge, but I think you should slow down just a little." JJ tells him.

"That would definitely delay our arrival to the cross. We gotta get there."

"Why did we let him drive again?" Kie asks.

"Because I said I'd rip your ears off."

"Because he said he'd rip our ears off." Sarah says at the same time as him.

"You did." I confirm.

"I was joking about that, by the way." Pope looks back at us briefly.

"That's a really funny joke." Kiara says sarcastically.

"Hey, how ya feeling, buddy? How ya doing?" John B asks Pope from the back.

"Uh, fantastic. I don't know what JJ's cousin gave me, but I am moving!" He does a motion with his hand.

"We couldn't tell." Kie says sarcastically.

"Okay, well, um, you're going really fast right now." John B tells him.

"Yeah, really fast!" I tell Pope.

Pope looks back at us and starts talking. While he's looking back the car starts swerving all of the road.

"Pope! Turn around!" I yell at him.

"Pope!"

Everyone starts shouting at him and he finally looks forward.

"I don't know if you noticed but there's these giant oak trees all along the road. They're like six inches off the road." John B reminds him.

"Woah, woah, woah." Kie says.

There's a truck going the opposite way as us and as Pope swerves around the road we almost hit it forcing the truck to pull off the road.

"What an asshole, right?" Pope looks over at Kie.

"He was going the speed limit!" I yell.

"We're not gonna get the cross if we're dead, Pope!" John B tells him.

"We're not gonna die. It's our divine right to get that cross." Pope takes his eyes off the road yet again.

"Pope! Keep your eyes on the god damn road!" I yell at him.

He continues talking to us.

"Pope! Look at the road!" John B exclaims.

Pope swerves the car, we hit a tree and spin in a circle before hitting another tree. I hit my head on something and felt a little dizzy but other than that I felt okay.

"Is everyone okay?" John B asks us.

"I think so." Sarah replies weakly.

"Never better." JJ says.

"I feel dead." I groan rubbing my head.

"That is the last time you drive, Pope." JJ opens the door and gets out.

I get out after him and assess the damage. "No. No, no, no, no. My dad is gonna kill me."

"Em, one word. Totalled." JJ look around my car.

"This is it. Today is the day that I die." I walk over to Pope who is also looking at the crashed car and hit him on the arm. "You killed Petunia!"

"We're gonna have to walk the rest of the way." Pope says.

"Dude." Sarah says.

"I'm going to get my cross." He starts walking away.

"Hey, just relax for a second." John B steps in front of him.

"Get off of me."

"No. I'm trying to help."

"Move! I'm getting my cross."

"Pope. We just crashed a car." John B follows after him. "I'm trying to look out for you."

"Pope!" Kie yells after him.

"There's a truck coming." John B pushes Popes out of the road.

"Get off of me!"

"You're gonna get hit by a car! What are you doing?"

The truck passes us and Popes watches it closely. We realize that it was Renfield in the truck.

"We gotta get back to the church!" Pope yells and runs the other way.

"No, no, no!" Kie yells after him.

We chase after him not wanting him to do something stupid.

🥰cute!🥰