"I love you.." [Crossmare Angst]

They're skeletons instead of humans.

                "Damn, it's cold!"
Cross exclaimed, walking downstairs to see Nightmare, wrapped in a blanket on the couch.         
     "Hello, Nightlight!" Cross greeted, walking over to the couch and sitting down, one leg folded with his foot on the cushion, and the other hanging down from the couch.
     "Hello..." Nightmare mumbled, his cyan eye traveling from his phone to to the tee shirted, smiling male next to him.

      "Since you're cold..." Nights voice trailed off as he blushed.
Cross's cheeks glowed a warm red color as he stared at Nightmares extended arm.
     "You can have some of the blanket." (This is very uncommon in my house 👁👄👁) Cross accepted Nightmares offer and cuddled with him as he watched Night scroll through Instagram.

After a few moments of cuddling, Night had set down his phone and the two began watching a movie. They didn't say anything, allowing the peaceful quiet aura of the room take over. Nightmare broke the silence with a grim tone of voice saying,
     "I'm... I'm so sorry, Cross..." The mentioned raised an eyebrow(?). His expression quickly changed as he felt a pain in his chest.

"....Nightlight..?" Cross managed to whisper as his breath went shaky. He looked at Nightmare, more specifically, Nightmares eyes; They were a beautiful shade of cyan. Their glow depending on the mood Nightnare was in. Usually they were lit up, bright, and alert. Currently they were soft, and barely light up. Tears were forming in the corners of his eye sockets. Cross smiled and chuckled, causing Nightmare to whip his head around and stare at him.

"What's funny about this..?!" He asked, exasperated.
      "...Heh... nothing..." Cross set one hand on his loves face, and the other on the red stained shirt he was wearing. A few more shaky breaths left his lungs before he finally said,
     "I love you, Nightlight..." The words left his mouth as his eye lights flickered to a stop.

Nightmare retracted his appendage, and started to sob.
     "I...." The carpet below him was soaked in his misery.
     ".....I love you too, Cross..." The dust of Nightmares true love spread around the room, audible cries coming from Nightmare.

390 words
(A/N: This actually branched off of a piece of fanart I saw. The picture is really wholesome, and cute, I just decided to make it sad. Until next time!)

EDIT: Somethings didn't makes sense.

EDIT AGAIN: Indentation.

EDIT FOR THE THIRD AND HOPEFULLY LAST TIME: I'm sorry.