Who? [Dreamtale|Halloween Special!]

!Warning!

- Mention of gore.
- Not really Halloween themed.

A short girl with long strawberry blonde hair tied back into two pigtails walked cautiously, calling out to whoever was there.
     "Hello? Anyone?" A crack was heard from behind her as she whipped her head around, terror filling her eyes. "Who are you?!" She yelled, stepping back, away from the dark figure. The figure in the shadows eyes shown a warm gold color. While it was welcoming, it was also terrifying.

     "Hello there!" The mysterious figure chirped, stepping into the light. She could see them clearly now; a long yellow cape, frayed at the edges, platinum blonde hair that was messy and seemingly unkept.
     A teal shirt with a white line running down the middle meeting at a gold belt that read "DS" where the white line separated into two pieces of square fabric.

    Lastly, one of the most prominent things, he has a crown of gold with two 3/4's of a loop connecting.
     "Who are you?" She repeated.
     "How rude of me, I'm Dream!" He appeared behind her, too quick to be caught by the human eye. "Nice to meet you!" He held his hand out. "And you are..?"
     She reluctantly shook his hand.

     "I don't know. I was told you could help with that.." Dream nodded, humming.
     "I see." He turned to the tree creating the looming shadow he hid in earlier. "Brother!"
Out came a similar looking boy, distain and disgust on his face.
     "What?" A cold tone left his lips cause a chill to run down the girls spine.

     He had dark hair, similarly to Dream, it looked messy and was pulled back into a small ponytail. He was wearing clothes like Dreams but purple. His crown had a square on top with the cut out of a moon on it.
     "I'm busy."
     "She doesn't know who she is." He turned back to the girl, "She, right?" The girl nodded.
     "As in 'I'm not sure who I am because I might be this thing but I could be this.' or as in 'I fucking forgot who I am.'?"

     "The second one."
     "Shit." He walked towards the girl, placing a hand on her forehead as his eyes held a small glow.
     "What's your name?" The girl asked.
     "Is it important?" He mumbled, not looking up from his work.
     "Uh-"
     "The answer is no. You don't need to know my name and therefore I will not be giving it."
     "Brother! Be nice!" The one addressed as 'Brother' rolled his eyes.

     Dream huffed.
     "Sorry about him." Dream apologized. "His name is Nightmare." The girl nodded as the boy newly addressed as 'Nightmare' summoned her soul.
     "Well there's the issue." He spoke, examining her soul. "Have you ever tried to give your life for someone else?" She nodded. "Idiot..."
     "Her soul is green, what did you expect?!"
     "Her to have an actual brain." Dream crossed his arms, scowling down, or rather up since Nightmare is taller, at Nightmare.

     "So how do we fix it? I've never healed a soul this damaged."
     "Like this." He reached into his belt. Before he retrieved the item he had found in his belt, just out of the girls view, he told,
     "Close your eyes." She did as asked before feeling a sharp pain in her soul. Opening her eyes in shock, she watched as blood trickled down to the grass below, a small dagger in Nightmares hand.

     Dream looked at it, blankly. The girl couldn't scream. She wasn't sure why, but she couldn't scream.
     "Your name is Helen and you're six years old. You lived in Dreamtale up until your fathers execution for treason. Your mother took care of you till she died of an 'unknown' cause after returning to Dreamtale." Helen, the girl looked at him with fear as tears fell down her cheeks.
     "That was quite an act, Brother! I think we did well!" He nodded.
     "We'll just have to repeat it with the next one."

Helens Point of View:

     The pain stung my chest as the two brothers chatted, unfazed by this. My visions was blurry from tears and my body fell limp and my eyes could only seen darkness. The last thing I heard before all senses were gone was the two brothers, first the cheerful voice of Dream saying,
     "Her mother's death was a lot faster than this." Then, Nightmares, by contrast, much deeper and full voice replying with,
     "That's because you used a scythe..Maniac."

Narrators Point of View:

     "It was affective, wasn't it?" Nightmare rolled his eyes once more moving his hand across Helens body before it disappeared. They returned to their tree, sitting down and resuming their activities.

809 words
(A/N: This was supposed to be Halloween themed but halfway through it I said, "Screw that, murder." So- Until next time and Happy Halloween!)

EDIT: Spelling.