~Chapter 16 Close Call

3rd Person POV

David stood completely still, putting his hands up in surrender to about ear level. David glanced down to Wildcat then back up at the man. His mind was overflowing with panic, what was he suppose to do. For all he knows, there could be more outside just waiting for them. Armed with fully automatic weapons that could kill instantly. It shook David to the bone but David didn't show any signs of fear.

David held a straight face, not showing any sort of face expression to the guard in front of him. Although he was in shock from the sudden encounter. Wildcat glared at the guard, although he wanted to kill him. If he were to make any sudden moves he would be killed. He couldn't tell Vanoss about their situation either from the position they were in. He couldn't do anything and his only hope right now was sad the rookie.

Wildcat and David made eye contact then David looked away again to stare at the guard. Wildcat just wish he knew what David was thinking, if David made the wrong move, they both will surely die. The silence in the room broke, "throw your weapons to the ground" the guard demand. David stared at Wildcat as if asking for directions, Wildcat only nodded slightly. David slowly went to grab his knife and dropped it on the floor. "All of it" the guard demand, David shook his head, "that's all I have, they don't trust me enough with a gun" David stated.

David POV

I stared at the guard as he look to not believe me. "I mean, I don't blame them, why would they give their prisoner a gun" I commented. "Prisoner" he questioned, I nodded, "yes, my name is David Nagle, they've kidnapped me, I assumed ye seen the news.." I replied. "You're David Nagle" he questioned again and I just nodded in response. The guard seemed to relax, seeing me as no big threat to him anymore. "Okay, now to get rid of you" the guard mumbled, aiming his gun to Wildcat's head.

I instantly panicked, "I wouldn't do that if I were ye" I blurted out. The guard looked at me and snarled, "and why shouldn't I" he asked. "Ye don't want to upset BBS now do ya, these guys are cold blooded serial killers if ye dared to harm one of their own, they'll all come after ya, and ye are most likely not gonna live any longer than this warehouse, the place is completely surrounded if anything, it looks like ye're pinned...but we can work together" I stated. I wasn't lying about the building being surrounded he stared at me. "How about this, you give me those files in your hand and I'll let you go" the guard offered but I could tell he wasn't in a million years was going to let me go. "Sure, no problem, I don't care about these people anyways, I just want to go home to my dogs" I replied trying to get him to trust me.

It was then I got an idea, "hey, ye want these files...CATCH" I shouted as I threw the files towards him. In the time he wasn't paying attention to me and tried to catch the files. I remembered the gun in my back pocket, I quickly reached for the gun. Grasping it and with a quick movement, my eyes locked onto his head like a coop shooters game. I shot and the gun shot rang out, sending an almost deafening sound. The guard's body bumped against the wall and slid down.

I covered my mouth in shock using my right hand. My eyes were wide as I stared at his lifeless body. His head dripped like a bloody waterfall, flowing down his face. The gun slipped out of my hands and I couldn't help but stare at his corpse. I fell to my knees, I didn't know how long I was sitting there. Staring at it until I was snapped out of it when Wildcat violently shook me.

I whipped my head towards him making eyecontact with him. "Come on, we have to go, we have the files..now let's get the hell out of here" Wildcat ordered, picking me up off my knees. I wasn't really paying any attention, I was so out of it. I didn't even know we had exited the warehouse until I felt the cold air blow pass me. I couldn't process anything that was happening at the moment. All I could understand at the moment is that I was being pulled along by Wildcat.

Wildcat POV

As we left the warehouse, I went to report to Vanoss. "Hey Vanoss, we got the files, you can go in the van without David and I, we're gonna ride in the helicopter" I told him through the mic. I glanced over to David, only to see his whole body trembling. I don't want Evan to see David in this state, it's best if we just ride with Brian and Brock. Considering Brock might help to calm him down and check my face. I think that guy might have given me a black eye.

Plus, Brock is really good at comforting and relaxing people. David looked so shaken up, he didn't even look aware of what was going on. I guess it's because of the guy he killed, he shouldn't have stared at his corpse for to long. I shook his shoulder and slowly looked up at me with a frown plastered onto his face. "Come on, we need to head to the helicopter before more guys show up" I told David and that seemed to motivate him to finally move. We quickly head up to the helicopter, I waved as we got closer to the helicopter.

I helped David get on and soon enough we start to take off. "Are you boys, okay back there" Moo asked from the passenger seat. I glanced towards David then back at the front, David didn't say a word no did he speak. He did however scooted closer to me for comfort, holding onto my arm once again. This time, I didn't dare to make any snarky comments towards him about it and kept quiet. "We're okay but Moo can you check my face, one guy punched me pretty hard back there and it's starting to hurt a little" I told him.

Hearing that, Moo got out of his seat and moved towards the back. Before he did anything, "are you okay with me taking off your mask" Moo asked. Not saying anything, I just took it off and soon Moo started to examine my face. "You'll be fine, you just need some ice is all so your eye doesn't swell or anything like that" Moo stated.

He went into his kit and pulled a small ice pack, wrapping some cloth around it. "Just keep it next to your eye for the rest of the ride, I'll check it again once we land" Moo explained and went back to his seat in the front. I did as Moo ordered and put the ice pack on my right eye. God damn it, I did not plan on getting a fucking black eye. I glanced at David to see him staring at me, once I caught his gaze he looked away. "I'm sorry" he whispered and I raised any eyebrow at him.

David's eyes slowly looked into mine, "I'm sorry..I'm sorry ye got hurt" David whispered again. He looked into his lap, having shame written all over his face. "It's not your fault" I stated, I let out a sigh, "I don't think we would've gotten out of there alive if you didn't kill him....David..you-" I paused. It was hard for me to admit it, although David looked calmer now. I could tell he was still shaken up by the experience, so as much as I don't want to say it. "You saved my life David...thank you" I whispered.

I hated to admit when I needed someone's help. I lost my partner awhile back, I'm afraid that I have to admit he's dead. It's hard but I have no choice but to accept that he's not coming back. Maybe if I just heard him out, he wouldn't be gone.

After all, I was the one who started that God Damn arguement.

There you go, I'm being so late with these now. But doesn't mean I'm not trying to finish a few chapters. I been more busy on my drafts than my published stories lately. I might be publishing the next chapter for In Love With A Cereal Killer, book. But it's probably not gonna happen until awhile. My motivation for that book is slowly going down the drain. It's not that I don't know how to continue with the story. It's more like, it's taking me forever to finish up the chapters because I been working on more than one book including the drafts. I have tons of drafts and I hope you'll enjoy them when I get the chance to publish the sample chapters. Another then that, I hope yall enjoyed this. I didn't get the chance to check for mistakes so once again I'll apologize. I'll also apologize my absence on this app, well I just hope you enjoyed this chapter is all. Bye, Bye.🥴👋

~BlueWolf203