Chapter 2 | A sunless sky

I sat up and looked around. The room was quiet and empty and I ran to the door, then pulled it open. Outside the world was quiet. I walked outside seeing that the long street was empty and nothing moved near the houses that flanked down both sides of the street. I ran down the street, I had to find someone who would help me. I ran until my muscles screamed and ached and my throat wanted to close up. I stopped and looked around. The street went on.

“Are you done?” Asked a voice. I turned, seeing the horned man then backed up. He scowled at me.

“Not yet.” I snapped back but the words caught in my throat making me cough. He threw something at me and it hit me in the stomach. I groaned bending over and he walked away.

“Come in when you’re done fooling around.” He snapped. I looked down at what he threw, a bottle of water laid on the ground and I picked it up. That’s right, he wasn’t allowed to let me die. I drank the bottle then looked up and let out a gasp.

“What the hell?” I yelled fearful. Where was I? The sky was clear of clouds, it was bright blue and it had no sun. I ran down the street my eyes glued on the sky. The sun wasn’t there. I ran back to the house where the horned man sat outside.

“Where is it?” I shrieked. He stared at me.

“Where is what?” He asked disguised. I pointed to the sky and he smiled slightly.

“There is no sun because there is no sky.” He replied. I stared at him.

“Then what is that?” I demanded. He clicked his tongue in annoyance.

“It is fake. When we were exiled to Hell we were given a fake land. It does change as the day goes on, darkens at night and it even rains, but there is no sky which means there is no sun, no moon nor stars.” He explained annoyed. I stared up at the sky then my eyes widened.

“Hell?” I shrieked then took off back down the street. Hell didn’t exist. He was insane. I couldn’t be in Hell. I stopped and collapsed onto my knees. I was in Hell. Tears streaked down my face and onto the pavement. I wiped them away then stood. I couldn’t be crying over it, but I didn’t know what to do. I walked slowly back to the house and walked inside then curled back into the bed. I would stay here until I gathered a plan.

Time passed and footsteps entered the room.

“It’s good you’re not being a bother, get up it’s time to go.” The horned man grumbled. I sat up.

“I want to know your name.” I said. He frowned.

“Why?” He asked.

“Well, I can’t continue to call you horned man.” I replied. He winced at the name.

“Horned man?” He snapped with annoyance. I shrugged, it’s not my fault for not knowing his name. He glared at me.

“You don’t get to know my name. Time to go.” He snapped storming out of the house. What a jerk! I scowled to his back but got up. I would behave…for now.

I followed him outside where a black, shiny limo sat on the road. I looked at the tinted glass and gold rims then started to laugh.

“What?” He demanded. I shook my head.

“It’s so, so human.” I cried wiping tears out of my eyes. He lunged at me, slamming me against the limo. I gasped as his hand clamped down on my throat.

“Watch your mouth.” He hissed. I clawed at his hand unable to breath, blackness edged my vision then I collapsed into darkness.