Chapter 17 | Roses and stars

I stood outside in Saanti's garden with a long crimson gown on. It barely covered my chest and my entire back was exposed. I shivered as a small cold breeze hit me and Lucifer stiffened beside me.

"You're cold." He stated looking at me. I giggled.

"Nice of you to notice." I replied. He glared at me then took off his jacket and threw it at me face. I caught it and looked at it confused. He didn't mean...

"Put it on." He grunted. My jaw dropped. Lucifer was being nice? Holy crap! I bit my lip and put it on. My face was blushing from the act and my heart swelled. I pulled it over my bare shoulders and smiled at him.

"Thank you." I said softly.

"You would probably get sick and die or something." He grumbled. I snorted. Ok, Lucifer was back.

"You really are mean, you know that right?" I whispered to his back. He turned quickly then caught my lips between his. He kissed me with raw passion that made my lips swell and me ach for more until he leaned back.

"You love me." He replied with a cocky grin then turned and sauntered away. I watched him go with a smile. Stupid demon. I ran after him and he looked at me briefly then wrapped an arm around me and kissed my cheek. I blushed and buried my face into the nook on his shoulder.  We stopped walking and he looked up to the false sky.

"It's peaceful tonight isn't it my Angel?" He murmured. I peered up at his gorgeous face which was gazing at the sky with such intensity and smiled.

"It is." I replied and gave him a swift kiss on the cheek. He chuckled.

"I wish we could have each night like this one." I sighed. He rubbed my back and I closed my eyes softly.

"We will soon my little angel. As soon as this is over I will plant you thousands of white roses." He promised making my heart fill with love. I turned and cupped his face with my hands.

"As soon as this is over I will show you the stars." I said seriously. He laughed and hugged me tightly.

"Then we must both stay unharmed and keep our promises." He replied. I smiled. We would, wouldn't we?