Chapter 15 | Dreamland-Darkland

I was floating in white power. Well, not floating but bathing in power. I saw Daniel also floating and I moved my arms to swim over to him.

"Are you dead?" I called. He didn't face me. I frowned then sank back into the darkness.

I blinked open my eyes and looked around, I was lying on a rock ground in a long red gown. What the hell was going on? I stood up slowly and started walking, everything looked the same, the sky was black and the rock floor was dark brown. There was no light but somehow I could see. I saw a flicker of light and ran over then stopped. I was on a cliff, the flicker of light was growing faint.

I was scared and lost.

"Wait!" I screamed. It went out leaving me alone. I sank down and curled into a ball. My gown was growing smaller, choking me. I was dying. I was alone. The darkness clung to me and I shut my eyes giving in.

"Open your eyes." A soft voice said. I peered up to see a woman dressed in a pair of white jeans and a black tank top. Her hair was a platinum blonde and her eyes were light grey.   

"Aren't angels supposed to wear white dresses?" I asked numbly. She gave me a smile.

"This isn't how I thought about meeting my son's love." She sighed. I shook my head confused. I didn't have a love, I didn't know her son. Who was she? Who was I? My head throbbed keeping me focused at the darkness, no I was forgetting something. What was it?

"I don't understand." I said rubbing my face. She nodded.

"I know Cloud, I know. But you're going need to wake up. You're scaring Lucifer and Saan." She ordered softly. I giggled at Saanti's nickname. Yes I remember, I stood and brushed off my dress and looked at her.

"Are you Grey?" I asked wiping tears away. She smiled.

"I don't have much time left here but you need to go, find the flicker and spread it." She ordered.

"Wait!" I cried. She was gone. I looked around fearfully. Where did she go?

"Don't let the demon's darkness drive you insane." Her words faded then left me alone, no I wasn't alone. I had Lucifer, and Elliot, Elizabeth and Saanti. I looked down and off the cliff, I had to find the flicker. A tiny glimmer of light. There! I jumped off the cliff and closed my eyes. My fall came to a stop and I opened my eyes. The flicker was an orb of light, it was beautiful.

"Cloud!" Daniel's voice made me freeze. I turned and looked at him, his face was covered with mud.

"I'm scared." He sniffled, not coming closer. I bit my lip.

"Daniel." I cried. He opened his arms towards me, the action made my ager flare.

"Don't fucking use him!" I yelled and dove to the light. Daniel's form let out a shriek and exploded into black inky strands they reached for me and I clung to the light. The light burned brighter making me squint. A man dressed in white armor stood in front of me, the strands couldn't touch him. His hair was gold, his eyes were gold and his skin was tanned.

"Who are you?" I asked but my heart throbbed with the answer. He tilted his head towards me, long gold wings stretched around us, protecting us from the darkness.

"Return daughter." He ordered softly touching my back. It burned with power and I shut my eyes. I fell over and the orb of light stretched around me, locking me in light. The darkness faded away and I was on a grassy field. Whoa. My back burned and my knees gave out. I groaned in pain.

"Fix what was broken long ago." The angel- my father said.

"Wait! Don't leave me!" I cried, tears dripped down my face. He gave me a small smile.

"Never." He replied then I was blinded by light.

****

I sat up quickly.

"Cloud!" Lucifer's voice called to me. I couldn't see, light blinded me. I doubled over in pain and my back throbbed.

"Don't, she's not fully back yet." Grey's voice said alarmed. I blinked back tears and looked around. My father watched me.

"So a demon eh?" He chuckled making me narrow my eyes at him.

"You can't burn me then fucking laugh about who I love you asshole! Be a better father!" I snapped. He rolled his eyes. Something occurred to me and I eyed him.

"If you had sex with a human shouldn't you be dead?" I asked curiously. That is what Lucifer told me. He tilted his head thinking.

"I did not die because I was forgiven. There is a bigger plan in motion daughter." He replied making me confused.

"Who are you? I mean which one?" I asked trying to ignore the pain in my back. He walked over and kissed my forehead.

"You already know that." He replied and I faded.