Chapter 21 | Just a drop

I didn't eat, I wasn't hungry. I didn't sleep, when I did then nightmares haunted me. I didn't talk to anyone, they tried but I wasn't interested. I moved from day to day numb, I did what I was told with no fuss. Lucifer didn't notice, he was too busy with his fiancé. They were planning their wedding by day and fucking by night.

My hand craved something new. I wanted to block out the world and the kitchen held my answer. I had heard the kitchen people talking, about taking shots of angel blood to keep those going when they're were feasts. They said Saanti kept vials of blood in his room for his wife. It kept her living ok in Hell seeing she was mostly human. I wondered what it would do for me.

So I stood outside of his room slowly turning the knob and creeping inside. The room was dark and neat. Very neat considering he was the king of Hell and all.

"You're breaking the rules." I jumped at the sound of Daniel's voice then spun and my eyes grew wide. It wasn't Daniel, it was the darkness wearing his face again.

"Go away." I snapped.

"You forgot you're an angel, what you need is demon blood." I snorted. He was trying to get me killed, last time I had demon blood I almost died.

"Almost isn't dead and you took too much. Just a drop will do." He giggled. Just a drop? Where would I get demon blood from?

"How about Lucifer's new whore? Just a small cut will do." He disappeared and the lights turned on making me squint. Saanti looked at me curiously and I let out nervous laugh making his eyes widen.

"Sorry, I was going to steal your blankets." I mumbled leaving.

"Cloud." He called making me turn around and look at the king of demons.

"Lucifer is-," I cut him off with a sigh.

"Good night Saanti." I said then left. Just a drop will do. Those words haunted me.