Chapter 18 | Not part of the plan

We were currently in a town. Somewhere in the Culpa district. The plan was simple. Make everyone around us think that I hated Lucas and lure Valor out. I was dressed in a long dark red gown and black heels. Elizabeth and Elliot were somewhere 'keeping watch' and Lucas was walking beside me with a collar around my neck. A nice black one.

All eyes watched us as Lucas tugged me down the sunless street. Heat burned my face and sweat clung to my body. I was very close to panting. It was too damn hot out. Stupid no sun.

"Pet, let's go get you a bowl of water." Lucas purred. I narrowed my eyes at him but didn't reply. Valor knew me for being a pain in the ass but obeying and he knew Lucifer for being a jerk so I had to not slap Lucas for being a jerk. Yet.

He tugged me over to a stand where a demon with dark purple skin bowed. His hands shook and his smile was cracked with fear. Why did Lucas have this impact on these people? Just who was Lucas?

"M-my lord! W-what ca-can I help you with?" The demons voice shook with fear and I bit my lip sorry for him. Lucas shocked me by splitting his lips into a grin then laughing loudly.

"Pathetic. Water. I want bowl of it!" He sneered at the poor demon. I was disgusted of Lucifer's actions. Just who the hell did he think he was? Even a prince shouldn't act this was towards his subjects! He was acting like scum.

The demon's eyes widened with fear then with a quick nod he scrambled away. Lucifer's eyes glanced over at me, they were he soft gentle ones I knew. I looked away, too disgusted to look at him right now. He had no right to act like that. He sighed softly and I looked up as the demon returned running with a silver bowl of water. I smiled at the demon as his afraid eyes glanced at me and distracted he slipped and the water soaked Lucifer. The street grew extremely quiet and the demon looked up from where his knee was popped open. His eyes were locked on Lucifer and he was terrified.

My mouth fell open as the world around me went be extremely slow. Lucifer's face contorted with rage and his hand reached for his blade. I screamed for the poor demon whose face was soaked with tears and he cried for forgiveness. I grabbed onto Lucifer's arm trying to stop him and he shook me off and I fell back. He cut off the demon's head.

Noise returned to the street like the action was normal. Lucifer flicked the blood off his blade then returned it to his side. I stayed on the ground frozen. Unable to think of what he had just done. How could he?

"Cloud let us continue." Lucifer said sharply. I flinched away from his voice and his eyes softened. He crouched in front of me.

"I'm sorry but we must follow the plan." He whispered leaning in to pull a strand of my blonde hair. I pulled away making the hair strand fall free of his hand.

"Was that innocent demon part of your plan?" I hissed standing to glare at him. His eyes hardened and he laughed.

"Innocent? We are in Hell!" He yelled. I clenched my fists.

"So? I'm innocent and I'm here. That doesn't mean anything!" I yelled back. His eyes turned a shade of red.

"Are you innocent?" He demanded. I opened my mouth to reply but couldn't. Instead I brought my hand across his face. His head whipped to the side and his eyes widened with shock. This was not part of the plan. None of this was part of the plan. Neither was me ripping my leash from his hand and storming away. Screw the stupid plan I was done with him.