Chapter Nine - Stalker Much?

Now in a different location, I was sitting up against a wall inside of a slightly destroyed building. I was currently playing solitaire since there's only so few card games you can play on your own and I don't know how well playing Uno against myself will go, I wouldn't want to make enemies with myself somehow since that game can make people enemies.

"This sucks" I said as I lined a four of spade underneath a five of hearts. "I should have just played spider solitaire instead." I reached over to the deck of cards and began to look for cards that could help me. "Damn it! I needed that one!" I exclaimed as I passed an ace of clubs in the deck. "If I was playing the computer version I could undo this" I sighed as I went through the cards again.

After a while of playing my first game of solitaire, which I somehow manage to lose by the way, I decided to read one of the books I got. I looked on the back on the book for the summary but couldn't find it. "It must be on the inside cover part" and there it was once I opened the book. I read over it and got the gist of the book being about a girl who once saw herself as this guy's rival but as they worked together and went on missions together, she developed feelings for him. The girl knew it would be difficult to be in a relationship with the guy since they along with many others risk their lives fighting powerful demons everyday.

"Why do I feel like this story will make me cry towards the end of it?" I thought as I flipped to the first page. I literally read the first two paragraphs and stopped. "I knew it!"

Outside and up above the building, a figure was hovering in the sky, watching over me. "Hmph, she seems to be enjoying herself down there" Black said to himself. He's actually been watching me for a while now ever since I left the spot where Mai and I were talking at. It was Zamasu's idea for Black to follow me just in case I ever came into contact with the group who caused future (Y/n)'s demise. They wanted to know where the survivors were located so they could finally complete Project Zero Mortals once and for all. "I had my chance to eradicate them all but my body wouldn't allow me" Black thought as he recalled his body acting strange when the thought of breaking future (Y/n)'s promise. "It must have something to do with the fact that this is Goku's body."

"You do have friends Goro! I'm your friend even if Shiho says no one likes you!" I exclaimed. This little outburst startled Black and he stared down at me. "Also, why aren't Makoto and Odin a couple?! It's very obvious the two of them have feelings for each other. Well then again, Makoto is kind of oblivious sometimes."

"Interesting." Black continued to watch over me.

It seemed like hours went by and I finished reading that book. I wiped my eyes because the ending did make me cry like I said it would. "I know everyone did eventually get their happy ending but still" I said to myself as I stood up to stretch. I looked up out of the hole that was in the roof of the building and noticed it has gotten a lot darker. "I can't really tell time here since I haven't once seen the sun" I thought as I walked around the room. My legs were hurting because I sat still in one spot for too long. "Must be because of Black and Zamasu" I concluded and went back to my spot.

"Speaking of them, am I really going to go back to that cabin?" I asked myself. "That is the only decent living space around here but then again, I can just find somewhere else to stay." As I was going over what I was going to do until help comes, my stomach growled. "Hmm, the cabin is also the only place where I can get food." Now I'm over here thinking with my stomach like Goku would.

"Thinking you should just give in and come back to us?" a voice said from above me. I looked up and saw Black descending from the hole in the roof.

"You're stalking me, aren't you?" I eyed him suspiciously.

"You may think of it like that."

"Creepy" I said as a chill ran down my spine.

"Now don't you think it's about time you just give in already?" Black walked towards me and stopped once he was in front of me.

"Why? You guys miss me already" I smirked.

"Perhaps." I wasn't really actually expecting him to be somewhat honest. "Also, do you not care what happens to those remaining mortals if you don't sacrifice yourself to us?"

"Not really. I don't know those people so why would I sacrifice myself from them?"

"Hmm, you really are interesting (Y/n)."

"Thanks?"

Black stood there and stared into my eyes. I stared back at him and couldn't help but see Goku. I mean the man's face was right here in front of me. "Don't be fooled (Y/n), this man is nothing like Goku" I thought as I watched Black start to circle around me like I was some sort of prey that enter his territory.

"How do I make her submit to us?" Black thought as he continued to walk around me. "You do realize the cabin is the only best option when it comes to living arrangements?"

"I know, but I'll take my chances in the one of the many buildings you guys destroyed." I kept watching him, ready for him to make his move.

"What if a wild beast were to come and attack you?"

"Ha! I think you guys are the type to kill animals without a second thought, so I'm not that worry about being attacked."

"Smart girl." Black made one more circle around me and stood back in front of me.

"So are we done here or what?"

"I think I'll accompany you on finding shelter for the night."

"Say what now?"

"You heard me."

"What's he trying to get at here?" I glared at him and he just smirked at me. "Does he think him being annoying is going to make me go back with him? If that's the case, he's got another thing coming" I thought. "What about Zamasu?"

"He knows. In fact he's the one who suggested I keep an eye on you."

"How sweet...not. Don't make me puke what non existent food I have in my stomach out."

"Suit yourself."

I stood there and waited awhile to see if he was serious about following me or not. He didn't move from his spot and that told me everything I needed to know. I let out a sigh and collected my things off the ground. Once I had everything, I slowly started to float up to the hole in the roof. I looked down and saw Black was following me like he said he would. "Guess I'll go find a different place to stay" I thought as I started to pick up some speed in my flying. "If I'm lucky, maybe I'll lose him."

...yeah, don't get your hopes me.