Chapter Three - Future Us

Back in the present timeline, Trunks began to explain how him and future Mai worked together with others to fight off Black after the military failed countless times.

"But after that battle, one of the members from the resistance never reported back and Black stopped his rampage for awhile" Trunks started. "That member was (Y/n)'s future self." Everyone was still listening to Trunk's story and wanted to know more. "I don't know how exactly it happened but she manage to come into contact with Black without getting herself killed" he continued. "To be honest, I think (Y/n) had came into contact with Black a while ago due to how he was behaving." He looked up at the sky. "It's still a mystery to me till this day."

"Maybe she made a deal with him or something?" younger Trunks suggested.

"Or maybe he fell in love with her" Mai said. Everyone looked over at her like she was crazy. "What? It's a possibility."

"There's no way that would have ever happened. Black's not the type to fall in love." Trunks was quick to shut that possibility down. "He doesn't know what love is. He's a heartless monster."

"Okay, but what if there was something similar" Bulma started. "What if there was something special about the (Y/n) of your time that Black found interesting?"

"Like what?" Vegeta asked.

"I don't know. We'll have to ask the (Y/n) of Trunk's time" Bulma said.

"That doesn't explain why he took the (Y/n) of our time" Piccolo said.

"Maybe he wants two of her or something?" Krillin suggested.

"That's not the case" Trunks said. "I think he took the (Y/n) of this time to replace the one in my time."

"Why would he do that?" Bulma asked.

"It's because the (Y/n) of my time was killed." You could hear some gasp about the news. "And it was my fault."

"That can't be true me" younger Trunks said.

"I'm afraid so."

*Flashback*

"Why must you spend your time with those mortals (Y/n)" Zamasu asked me as him and Black were walking on either side of me.

"You could just stay here with us" Black added.

I stopped walking and turned to face the two. I cupped each one of their cheeks and watched them look at me. They placed there hands on top on the hand that was on their cheeks. "I do have to check in with those mortals you two hate so much." I took my hands away. "I have friends over there that I care about." I was referring to Trunks, Mai, and them.

They both 'tch' and look away from me. I giggled at how they were behaving. They reminded me of children who don't want their mom to leave the house without them.

"I'll be back" I turned away from them. "And besides, if I don't show back up, you two will continue your killing spree." I started to walk again and they followed me.

"Well, you are the only reason why we have put a pause on Project Zero Mortals" Black said.

"My counterpart is correct (Y/n). If it wasn't for you, those mortals would have all been wiped out by now" Zamasu added.

"Yeah, yeah. I know."

I finally made my way out of the forest that their cabin was located in and started to walk into the city. Zamasu had went back to the cabin and let Black escort me instead. There was no one out right now but if there was, they wouldn't attack Black. Everyone knew about the situation going on between Black and I.