6➟ In which I've never seen anyone so enchanting.

Sleeping on the floor wasn't nearly as uncomfortable as I had thought it would be. Although I may have woken up with a dead arm, at least my neck hadn't decided to be a pain.

Kaji took the couch- and no, it was not because I'd forced him to, it was because he'd told me that the least I could do after eating three slices of his pizza was let him take the sofa.

I did wake up to the smell of eggs though, which was strange considering I didn't think I had any eggs in my fridge. The sound of my kettle boiling also greeted me as I awoke, and one look at the sofa told me that it wasn't Kaji making the food.

Sitting up, I groggily made my way to the kitchen island, taking a seat on one of the stools and peering over at what my other guest was doing.

"Whatcha making?" I asked, looking closer.

"Eggs, toast and tea," she gave me a polite smile, looking a tad embarrassed as well, "Listen, I'm really sorry about last night."

"Hey," I picked some fluff off of my top, probably from one of the blankets I'd slept on last night, "don't worry about it, I couldn't let you go home when you didn't even know where you lived, that would've been pretty irresponsible."

She smiled, still somehow looking just as perfect as she had the previous night.

I got off the chair and walked up next to her, "by the way, where'd you get the eggs from?"

"Oh, the man opposite you let me borrow some. I said I'd pay him back but he told me to just take them."

"Huh," I nodded, "didn't even know someone lived in there, never seen anyone leave it," I tapped a finger against my chin, immediately feeling slightly guilty about the fact I didn't know my neighbours, despite living in that apartment for years.

As soon as Lelija had finished frying the eggs and plated everything up, Kaji was already sitting at the island, eying up the breakfast as if it was the first thing he was about to eat in centuries.

"Stop it Kaji, if you get drool on my counters, you're cleaning it up," I scolded him.

Lelija put a plate in front of him and beamed, "Hi Kaji, I'm Lelija, it's great to meet you."

He nodded, far too engrossed in his food to say anything in response.

"Ignore him," I said, "he's not the most polite."

"Says you," he protested, mouth full of egg.

"Don't talk with your mouth open idiot."

"Okay mother," he rolled his eyes.

Lelija giggled, "You two are so cute, how long have you been together?"

At her question, Kaji began choking on his food as I gagged on air, both of us looking absolutely repulsed by the idea.

"Fuck that-" I cut myself off with another gag.

"Okay, okay," Lelija nodded slowly, "I'm getting the idea that you two aren't dating."

"What do you mean, we're madly in love." I deadpanned.

"I mean, I'm down if you are," Kaji smirked, putting an arm around my shoulder.

"You wish," I shrugged him off, moving to the sink to clear off my plate and cringing at the mess I'd left in it from previous meals, "I'm sorry my apartment is a mess, it's really not the best place to randomly wake up in."

"I have more to apologise for," she laughed awkwardly, rubbing a hand up and down her arm.

I smiled, shaking her head, the first time I'd met this girl, she radiated confidence- it wasn't that she didn't anymore, it was that it felt more reigned in, "Hey, again, don't worry about it."