25 ➟ In which I do what I'm told.

"This place is so cool," Rin began to run around the room as soon as the glass door closed, "you've got everything."

"Except a wooden door. Is he paranoid? Or is it another weird design choice?" I looked to Rin, who was too busy pressing his face up against the window to bother replying.

I rolled my eyes, taking off my jacket and sitting down at the desk, immediately realising that Makuda hadn't given me any work to do. He'd just left the two of us in the room.

Rin didn't notice me stand up, but he was so engrossed in the city skyline, I didn't mind. Let the kid be a kid for once.

I walked over to the glass door, which made absolutely no sound as I opened it, it was almost as if the door had some kind of muffling spell on it.

"Uh, Sir? You didn't-" I stopped short, my eyes making contact with my new bosses bare chest before looking back up at his face and then his chest again for good measure.

Huh.

Attractive and ripped.

Stop Y/N.

Jeeze.

"Sorry!" I exclaimed, spinning on the spot and covering my red face with my hands, "I am so sorry! I didn't know! I'll-"

His laugh cut me off, "Don't worry about it, it's my fault for not noticing you open the door."

Well done Y/N, first day of the mission and you've already made a fool of yourself.

I mean, he definitely works out though... that's some new information to add to the list.

Ughh. Why did you have to come into the room? You could've, I don't know, waited until he gave you instructions?

I continued to stare at the wall. Not wanting to make this situation any worse. It's not like it wasn't obvious my eyes immediately located his abs.

"Please. Don't worry about it. You can turn around now."

Apprehensively, I did what he told me to do, happy (and a little bit sad) to see that he was no longer bare-chested.

He was in his hero costume now. A tight green bodysuit with a clover on it.

I hated to say it, but Hawk's hero costume was better. Albeit a bit cold.

The guy needed to get a jacket or something if he was going to be flying that high up in the air.

Ah ah, rabbit hole. Stop it. I mentally scolded myself. I could think about that some other time, now I had to focus.

"Sorry. Again. I should've knocked," I apologised.

He waved a hand, dismissing my apology, "It's fine," he sat down behind his desk, leaning backwards with his arms behind his head, "Now, what seems to be the problem sweetheart?"

Ew, 'Sweetheart'.

Did not like the way he said that.

"Uh, I was wondering if you needed me to do any work?"

"Oh, yes! Of course, work, that's what I hired you to do after all," he nodded to himself, pushing up from his relaxed position and pulling open his drawers, "I have some excess paperwork I'd like you to shred for me, there should be a shredder in your office. After that I'd like you to go down to the front desk and pick up any letters that may have arrived for me this morning. Is that alright with you?"

I nodded, "yes sir," and collected the paperwork he held out for me before leaving the room and beginning my search for the shredder.

"Whatcha looking for?" I nearly threw the sheets of paper across the room as Rin spoke right into my ear scaring the living daylights out of me.