Chapter seven

Howl woke up with a sinking feeling in her stomach. Though she was excited to be aiding in the search, she couldn't help but feel like something was off about her Alpha not being in the camp.

It felt....Eerie.

Howl shook her fur, attempting to keep it flat.

She didn't need to think like that!

She and her pack would find their leader, and things would get back to normal.

Will they? She wondered as she prepared herself for what was to come with this exploration.

She had never explored the territory surrounding the Gray wolves' camp before. She knew she fell in a river that was located on the territory, but she hasn't fully explored the territory.

There was a lot of land.

All Howl knew was her pack leader really made the pack bigger and made the land big enough for their survival out here.

Howl shivered.

And ensured the place was patrolled enough. Enough for me to be rescued by an Omega.

Howl fixated her attention on the heavy paw steps coming towards her.

A gray head with dark amber eyes poked in her den.

"Good morning, Howl. I hope I didn't wake you." Feria rumbled as she sat down besides Howl's sleeping rock.

Not all wolves had rocks in their dens.

Howl was just lucky the Alpha was kind enough to let her take one with a rock in it.

She had isolated herself from the pack mostly.

Despite getting along quite well with Feria, Omega, Alpha, and perhaps Renji and her family, other wolves were still eying her like crazy.

She ignored most of them. Though, when she will have to hunt with them and—perhaps—even search the area for their Alpha she would get mocked for her pure white pelt.

Howl was told there were other wolves who had half pelts—which the pack considered much worse than pure pelts, but most of them were kicked out for their half pelt. Any sign of a spot or a single hair on their pelt of a different color, within reason, and those half pelts became rogues.

Sometimes Howl wondered why wolves did that with their pups. It wasn't like they would send them out immediately, but as soon as they got their name they got kicked out.

"No, Beta." She greeted with a respective dip of her head. Her eyes shone in excitement.

Did they find Alpha? This question was nagging the back of her mind like a dog to its' human.

"I'm just getting prepared for this serious mission." She barked, bouncing around on her paws. She was nervous as well as hoping for the good news.

Howl felt sick to her stomach still.

He could be confirmed dead! She thought in horror.

Feria yipped peering at her with an amused expression.

"Yes," she rumbled. "That's good. Nobody has seen Alpha is or his body, I'm afraid," Feria woofed, gazing around outside the cave with a worried glance. She turned back to Howl as she continued. "But I know no matter if he's dead or alive, he would be proud to know you're getting more involved with the pack."

"I hope he's okay." Howl whined as her gaze turned to the dirt.

Where is he?

I miss him. He's like a father to me. A more strict father.