Chapter ten

"A forbidden love? Hoshka, how did a forbidden love happen? How is it forbidden?" Howl wondered.

It wasn't right to make it forbidden to love someone with a different pelt color than yours.

Hoshka sighed.

"I don't understand it myself. The rules have just been established as such long ago that wolves can only mate with their respective pelt color. Having two different pelts could be dangerous or lethal if used for the wrong reason. Remember the lessons you've received from Beta about the pelt colors? Each one represents a certain power." Hoshka explained.

Howl nodded.

She remembered asking her what her ability was, but Beta didn't know what her power was.

White wolves were the rarest and most mysterious of them all.

Howl pondered what her power could be.

Red wolves could control fires. Beta explained to her that that's why they were enemies with them to begin with.

They set their territory on fire for fun, and ended up mass killing dozens of their wolves with the magic. When asked to stop, they just arrogantly mocked them for having measly little powers that couldn't even protect them.

Well, they were wrong about the power of the gray wolves being so little and limited.

Howl one time saw one of her pack mates control the lightning and Thunder outside the camp with just one howl.

They barely used it from what Howl was told. They only use it in uttermost emergencies.

They mainly just made it rain.

The brown tribe of wolves can use earth powers. That's one of the many reasons why earthquakes happen around the area.

That's all Howl was taught about, though. She still has a long way to go before knowing everything.

She didn't know what her power was, but she hoped it was something she can use to help her pack.

Her eyes glowed as she got distracted from the conversation.

What if my power is to control clouds?! That would be so cool if I can ride them like the birds! She thought as Hoshka nudge her gently.

"Hey," the amber eyed wolf barked.

Howl's head snapped up.

Their pack mates were sniffing at something.

They had finally done something useful this whole search.

Or so Howl thought.

Howl scanned over the wolves. She saw a deer.

Her stomach dropped.

They've been hunting this whole time?

"What are you doing? Aren't you guys supposed to help look for Alpha?" Howl wondered with shock as they dug into the deer.

They were beginning to eating it.

Silvack's lips were caked in blood as he licked them clean.

The body of the deer was limp, neck snapped in half with a bite mark on the neck.

The neck had been torn slightly.

It appears Silviack had ripped the throat out.

Dark amber eyes glared at the two.

"Oh don't be a stick in the snout. It's just a hunt." He snorted as he rolled his eyes.

Do they have no respect?! Howl thought in disgust.