New Threats

3rd Person POV
Noma woke up to the sound of stomping and a woman saying, "Why does she think it's okay to bring little pests in here? There are some of us that want to relax without absolute VERMIN walking around!" Noma put her nome had back on while creeping towards the bedroom door, which was cracked slightly. She peeked out to see an unusually tall, thin woman with gray hair wearing a red dress.

"I'm a seamstress, for goodness sakes! Those stupid kids keep taking my stuff! They've been ripping my beautiful clothes so I have to wear this dumb dress!" The woman ranted

"I'm a seamstress, for goodness sakes! Those stupid kids keep taking my stuff! They've been ripping my beautiful clothes so I have to wear this dumb dress!" The woman ranted. She turned around to see Noma looking at her. "What are you staring at?! GO BACK TO BED!!!!!" She screamed at the poor girl. Her shouts woke up Ava, who walked out of her room to see what was going on. "What are you yelling about, this time, Meredith?" Meredith pointed to Noma and Ava saw her shaking in fear at the angry lady, thinking she would get yelled at for not sleeping. Ava picked her up and brought her back to bed. "I'm so sorry about her, she hates when I bring kids here. She just doesn't understand how adorable you all are." She apologized. She put Noma back to bed, and closed the door. Noma could hear her and that woman fighting. She took her hat back off, and went to sleep, hoping she wouldn't have to deal with that lady again.
Mono's POV
I woke up with Six next to me. I guess she had a bad dream. I followed some of the kids outside and saw a little playground and a weird man. He was playing with the kids and showing them his collection of rocks. I walked up to him to get a better look at him. He had messy black hair and a blue hat that really didn't match with his dark attire. His legs were weirdly short for some reason.

He saw me and waved at me, "Hey kiddo? Are you one of the new kids?" I nodded and pointed to his collection, "Why do you have all those?" "Well, I love collecting things, and this was my first collection! I show them to the kids from time to time

He saw me and waved at me, "Hey kiddo? Are you one of the new kids?" I nodded and pointed to his collection, "Why do you have all those?" "Well, I love collecting things, and this was my first collection! I show them to the kids from time to time." He held one up and showed it to me. One boy with a brown raincoat and one leg ran up to him and reached for the rock.

"Pretty rock!"He said, still trying to grab it

"Pretty rock!"He said, still trying to grab it. "Not so fast, kid. This is the first rock I ever got, and I don't want anyone ruining it." The boy stopped reaching for it and held his head down in shame. "I'm sorry sir, I just wanted to see it." The man smiled, "It's alright, kid. Just make sure to ask if you want to see it." I walked away from him and saw Six messing with some kids. I asked her about the man and she said, "Yeah, I talked to him. He said he saw potential in me, like I was destined for something great. Then he asked me if I've ever been to a place called the Maw, and he got really confused when I said no." I walked back to the man, about to ask him about the Maw.
"Sir, what's the Maw? You asked my friend if she's ever been there." He took out a book with an eye on it and opened it, showing me a picture of some kind of submarine thing next to a whale. "Kid, this is the Maw. Your friend has some kind of connection to it, I can feel it." I turned my head sideways in confusion. "What do you mean?"
———————————————————————————