FIVE (part I)

-MAISIE-

-MAISIE-

THE PLAN IS quite simple. A bit stressful. And borderline insane.

The aim? Dig through my dad's files.

The obstacles?

First, Alasdair. Thankfully he already has plans with Maya. Felipe's return almost ruined everything, but his amazing girlfriend convinced my brother that the world would not end if he went out for one night.

Second, Angela's house. I was supposed to stay at her place, my usual stop when my brothers aren't home. But this would go against the whole purpose of snooping around my attic. With much convincing—and a couple of lies and guilt trip, Angie's parents have a steamy date night to attend and have I ever given you a reason to not trust me?—Alasdair allowed us to stay at my house. After all, Fin was staying too.

Then, there is Finlay. For a moment I actually believed him when he said he didn't have plans. Fortunately, he has. Not that I have any idea what they are.

Lastly, Angela. Could I have tried to not put her in the middle of this whole mess? Yes. But it would have raised suspicions with Al. And besides, she is my ticket to my first stop for the night—Andres' party. She suspects I am up to something since we always stay at her place when we sneak out, but she is not complaining. This way, she can stay out the entire night doing whatever—or whoever—she wants.

With the first step—get Al out of the house—already done earlier today, I follow to the next, and way more fun one: the party.

It may seem kind of chaotic that this is even a step. But the party is the glue of my entire plan. If I didn't go, one of two things would happen. Or Angela would have gone without me, and Finlay would be suspicious, probably not letting me stay all alone. Or Angela would have stayed with me. And because I love her to pieces, I can't drag her to another one of my problems.

Angela and I will sneak out through my father's study window in the third floor since the doors and the windows on the first two levels have an alarm—and it contacts my oldest brother directly.

Our other friends—Ashley and Hailey—will give us a ride to Andres'. I will get my liquid courage there. Then, I will ditch Angie. She will get her hookup while I sneak back home and do my own thing. Tomorrow morning, I just have to remember to open the front door so Al receives a message from the alarm company when "Angela leaves".

All done. Simple. Easy peasy.

"Hey!" Angela exclaims, both our heads snapping towards my pushed open door. "We could have been changing."