8- Partners

Riley's P.O.V.

Another week has passed. I was heading to Kira and Brynn's house to pick them up for the Friday night football game at home. Josh still wasn't talking to me, which I didn't really blame him for. I was just hoping after our talk the day after we broke up, we would be somewhat okay. Wishful thinking I guess.

Once we got to the game, we took our seats. This was the first game in highschool where I was single. It was a little weird but of course I'd still be cheering Josh on.

They ended up losing the game 24-6. Josh's head wasn't in the game tonight and that messed up everyone else too.

Paul was throwing an after game party at his parents house tonight. So that's where the girls and I were headed. Lucky for me both Brynn and Kira were going home with their boyfriends tonight so I didn't have to deal with getting them home when they were drunk.

Pulling up to the house, the party had already started. We walked in and were instantly greeted by a half a dozen people that were already wasted. Paul being one of them.

Wrapping his arms around my neck, Paul squealed. "Myyyyy Ri Ri snuggle bear is here!"

"Oh my God, Paul. You are such a clingy drunk." I tried pushing him away as I laughed at him, but it was useless.

"I missed you... Ri Ri. You want to stay and cuddle tonight? Josh can't get mad anymore. Ohhhhh and Josh is here with someone else, just warning you."

"Really?" I asked, shocked.

He nodded and gave me a sad smile. Pointing in the direction of Josh and some chick that was hanging all over him.

Honestly, it didn't hurt like I thought it would when Paul said he was here with someone. I mean I wasn't planning on getting back together with him and I didn't expect him to wait around but he seemed to move on so fast.

"It's okay, Paul. He's allowed to see other people now."

"I'm sooo sad." Paul whined, giving me a hug.

"I'm fine. Come on my drunk bestie, let's get me a beer."

Paul and I walked over to the cooler. "Good, come on... let's get you drunk."

"I'm only having a few, I'm driving home tonight."

As the night went on, I noticed Josh staring over at me every once in a while. I acknowledged him once with a small smile and continued talking with the people surrounding me.

After a while I felt an arm snake around my waist. Brent, another senior from our class pulled me in close. "Dance with me?"

He was hot and someone I majorly crushed on in junior high but I wasn't interested anymore. Kira and Brynn nodded as if giving me their approval to dance with him.

"You can dance with her but I'm the one snuggling with her tonight, Brent." Paul yelled over the music.

I started laughing at Paul, "Okay Brent, let's go."

Brent grabbed my hand, leading me to the open part of the living room where others were dancing. Pulling me in close to him, I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You look good tonight, Ri. You always look good but extra good tonight."

"It might be the alcohol in your system."

"Or it's the fact that you're finally single?" He gave me a smirk.

He spun me around and pulled me into him again. The next thing I knew, Brent was getting pulled away from me.