26- Graduation

Riley's P.O.V.

Graduation day...

I had a feeling Brandon was keeping things from me and I'm not sure if it's because I've been sick and he doesn't want to worry me, but it does.

I went back to school for the last few days since I was feeling better. I just took it easy and everyone at school was very understanding. Since I was excelling in all my classes and I already turned in everything, it wasn't a problem.

"Babe, you look fine." Brandon said as he got out of the shower.

"My hair is driving me crazy."

He started laughing, "Well I think you look fantastic," He walked up behind me, kissing my neck. "Can I kiss you yet?"

"The doctor said it's best to wait at least four weeks."

"It's been three weeks and we kissed and had sex during that first week."

"Well I don't want you to get sick. I would feel terrible and you have enough on your plate you don't need to catch this."

He groaned as he gave me one last kiss on the neck before he finished drying off and got dressed.

"Whatever, I'm wearing that hat anyways... my hair is what it is."

*****
All the seniors were sitting in front of the podium, waiting for their row to be picked to receive their diplomas.

Brandon held my hand as we walked up to the stage together.

As Brandon walked across that stage first, I smiled. I was so incredibly proud of him for so many reasons and I knew his mom was looking down, equally proud of him.

I was next, I grabbed my diploma, shook the principal's hand and followed Brandon off the stage. As soon as I stepped down Brandon was there waiting, picking me up into a big hug.

After graduation, my parents threw a party at their house for me. The next night Daniel took Brandon, my parents and I to dinner at a fancy restaurant to celebrate Brandon's graduation. Jack and his father joined once we got there and I noticed a few other of Daniel's men sitting randomly around the restaurant 'blending' in.

Our parents were talking about work when Daniel brought up New York, "I leave to go back to New York tomorrow, Brandon will be joining me as he's going to help run the business."

"Oh, Riley never mentioned that." Mom looked at me puzzled, probably wondering where that left me.

"I do hope she joins us." Daniel was looking pretty smug with himself.

"What about the University of Chicago, Riley?" My dad instantly questioned.

"Dad, I can go to school anywhere and nothing is set yet."

My dad gave me a look letting me know we weren't done with that conversation yet.

Dad turned back to Daniel, "What do you exactly do, Daniel?"

"Great question, I'm in sales. I make and sell weapons. Guns mostly."

This was so incredibly awkward, he wasn't even trying to hide his business. Was he trying to get parents to hate him?

"Like Remington?" Dad questioned.

Daniel got a big smile on his face, "Better ones."

We were all eating, Daniel was still talking about Brandon working with him and I was getting pissed. Brandon didn't look too happy either but he was hiding it better than I was.