31- Confused

Riley's P.O.V.

Sunday morning. Colin, Rosalie and I were heading to my parents house for brunch. Colin was holding my hand, running his thumb across mine like he always does. He looked over at me and smiled quickly, before turning his head back to the road.

My emotions were all over the place and I didn't know what to do about it. I loved Colin... but the other part of me loved Brandon too and I was internally fighting this battle in my head saying I didn't.

Colin parked in my parents driveway and got Rosalie out. She went running to her grandparents, screaming with excitement as they picked her up. I waited for Colin to come around the vehicle, wrapping his arm around me as we walked to the front door together.

"Riley, Colin, I'm so glad you guys could make it." My mom said, giving us both a hug.

Dad shook Colin's hand and gave me a hug before going inside.

After we ate, we all went to put on our swimsuits. "You take Rosalie out, I need to get something to drink really quick."

"Okay, hurry!" Colin slapped my butt and kissed me quickly before taking Rosalie outside.

I headed over to the sink, grabbed a glass and ran some tap water, taking a long drink.

I set my glass down as my parents walked into the kitchen.

They were talking amongst themselves as I watched out the window at Colin throwing Rosalie in the air as she giggled.

"Alright sweetheart, what's wrong?" Dad questioned.

"What?" I turned and looked at them.

"You've been different for a few weeks now? Did something happen at work? You and Colin seem to be doing fine?"

"Colin and I are good, I just..." I looked behind me to make sure Colin was still outside. "I ran into Brandon in New York."

They both looked at me confused. I proceeded to tell them the short version of the story and how I kissed Brandon back the other day.

"I don't know what I would have done if Josh didn't say Colin's name. I'm so confused."

Rosalie knocked on the window, waving for us to come out.

"I'll go out and tell them Nana needs some girl talk with her daughter. I only have one thing to say, I have never seen you look at anyone the way you looked at Brandon. Am I happy with that family? No, but I want you to be happy. You are an amazing, strong and beautiful woman, I don't want you just settling. Listen to your heart."

I wiped the tear from my eye as he walked outside.

"Dad's right, you know. I can also say that about Brandon, that boy loved you."

"I keep going back to how he didn't come talk to me so I could explain what was happening. Jesus, Mom, I'm technically engaged to two different men."

"Yikes! Okay so tell me this. Since you found out Brandon was still alive, why haven't you taken that necklace off?"

I just looked at her. I didn't know what to say.

"Well?" She pushed.

"I'm not sure?"

My mom gave me a sympathetic look, "What's meant to be will always find its way, remember that. I love you sweetheart and I'll be there if you need me, no matter what."

"I know you will."

*****
Later that night at home, I gave Rosalie a bath, put her pj's on. All three of us were currently cuddled up on the couch watching an episode of Paw Patrol together.