18- The bonfire🔥

Riley's P.O.V.

It was the end of November and the senior class was throwing a big class party on the beach tonight. I wanted to have it just before school got out or into summer but any excuse my friends had for throwing a party now, they will. For a November night in Chicago it was surprisingly warm and if it got chilly, Paul was in charge of the bonfire.

Brandon and I have grown closer this past month and he's opened up a lot more about his past. When he first told me about his father, to say I was surprised was an understatement.

I knew Brandon had his doubts about us, not about our chemistry but the life his family leads. Was I scared? Yes, but I trusted him when he told me he would keep me safe. If Brandon got out and stayed out of that life like he wanted, we could hopefully lead a normal life like I was hoping for.

All I knew was the connection I felt with Brandon was worth the struggles we might face moving forward in our relationship.

He even told me about his spiraling downfall after his mother's death. He turned to drugs and alcohol and at one point thought about killing himself. I wished he didn't move away so I could have helped him through all of that but I was thankful for his cousin, Jack, who helped him through it and got him to move back to Chicago for senior year.

I heard Brandon pulling up on his motorcycle, making me instantly smile.

Grabbing the overnight bag Brandon told me to pack, I headed down the stairs. I was hoping this was finally going to be the night. When we hung out or I stayed over at his house before we talked and got to know each other better, before we fell asleep in each other's arms. I loved the fact he wasn't rushing us but I was ready.

Grabbing the helmet he bought for me, I opened the door and walked up to him. He looked so sexy leaning up against his bike.

"Hey." He said, giving me his sexy smirk as he handed me a single red rose.

"Hi." I leaned in, giving him a kiss. "Thank you," I smiled, smelling the rose. "I'm glad you wore your helmet here."

"I have a hard time not doing as you say."

I wrapped my arms around his neck. "That makes me sound horrible, I just want you safe."

"I know, I have you to live for now."

"Cheesy and you have more to live for than just me." Giving him one last kiss, he took my bag and put it into his saddlebags.

"Where will I put the rose so it doesn't break?"

"I'll put it on top of your bag for right now."

We both put on our helmets. Brandon got on and I jumped on the back of him, holding on tight as he took off.

******
Parking his motorcycle, I could tell Brandon didn't want to be here.

"Thank you for coming with me, I never would have heard the end of it from Paul if I missed this."

"It's okay, I'm with you so I'll be fine."

I intertwine my fingers with his. "I promise we won't stay long."

"It's okay, I promise... I'll be fine."

I gave him a quick kiss as we started heading down by the fire Paul had already built.