24- Stuck

Brandon's P.O.V.

"Antonio."

This wasn't happening right now.

"Who's that beauty standing beside you, Brandon?" Antonio's eyes were locked in on Riley, my worst fears coming true.

"That's Jack, my cousin. I think you've already met. Why are you here?"

He threw his head back laughing. "I forgot how funny you were. I'm not talking about him, I'm talking about her." He pointed towards Riley.

"I'm not sure what her name is, she's just my lay for the night. Now if you'll excuse us."

Antonio stalked forward. I guided Riley behind me, handing her off to Jack as my dad's other guys circled in around me to keep Riley as far back as possible.

Antonio's smile widened, no doubt because of my actions. "No, I definitely think she's a little more than that... isn't she."

"Fuck you."

"I'll see you soon, Brandon." He looked over at Riley, winking her way before he turned and got into a vehicle.

I grabbed Riley's hand, leading her to the car.

The silence between Riley and I was killing me as I drove home. I wasn't sure what she was thinking or if she was alright but I needed her to know I would do anything to keep her safe.

Once we got into my apartment, I took Riley to my bedroom and closed the door. "Riley, you know I didn't mean that you were just a lay. I couldn't let him know how much you mean to me."

"I know Brandon, but... I think he knew you were lying."

"Fuck!" I hit the wall, making Riley jump.

"Shit, baby, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

She walked over to me, engulfing me in a hug, "You didn't, I'm just a little jumpy right now. I told you before I'm not scared of you. That man though, who is he?"

"His name's Antonio... I believe he's the one that killed my mom."

She pulled away slightly, looking up at me, "Oh my God, what's he doing here?"

"One of the reasons Dad came here a few weeks ago was to tell me Antonio was in town again. Do you remember when I came back to school for our project... and I didn't look too good?"

She nodded her head as we sat down on the edge of the bed together.

"Antonio and his men did that to me. Apparently he came back to New York recently and is working with a rival gang of my dad's. Dad seems to think he's been looking for me and for him to show up here in Chicago, tells me Dad was right. That's the reason I had men following you, they were just watching out for you because you're with me. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you but I didn't want to scare you."

She scooted closer to me, "Even if it's going to scare me, I need you to be completely honest with me from now on. That's all I've ever wanted, Brandon, I think I've been more than understanding about all of this and about your family."

"You have." I couldn't deny that, she's been fucking incredible. "I promise from now on I'll tell you everything, I don't want to lose you."

She gave me a smile, straddling my hips. "I'm not going anywhere. I love you Brandon, we're partners and I believe you when you say you're going to keep me safe. What about my family though? Antonio wouldn't go after them, would he?"

"I'm not sure, I'm already on it though. Some of my dad's men have been in town watching over you and your house." Shaking my head with how disappointed I felt, she shouldn't have to worry about any of this.

She kissed my lips, relaxing me like she does.

"I'm sorry I left the other day like I did. I should have stayed and talked through that with you."

"I understand why you left. You had every right to be upset with me."

Our kisses became more heated as I flipped her onto her back, deepening our kiss. I sat up, taking off my shirt quickly before undressing Riley.

I was about to kiss her again when I noticed the bruising on her side, "Is this from me?"

What the hell did I do?

"Brandon I'm fine."

"No you're not, look at this."

She looked down, I felt like such an ass. I knew that was from me when I was holding her and Antonio showed up. "I'm so sorry, Riley."

She rolled me over and got on top. "I told you, I'm fine. I know you didn't mean to, it doesn't even hurt. Trust me."

She lowered herself down on my hard length, making me groan. "Babe-"

I sat up with her still on top of me, holding her still as I looked up at her. "It's not fine, I never should have grabbed you like that."

She kissed my ear, "I know you Brandon, you wouldn't purposely hurt me. I forgive you, now..." she kissed below my ear and my neck and she started rocking back and forth as she whispered against my neck. "Make love to me."

*******"
The next morning after showering together, we were getting dressed when I heard my dad's voice.

Fucking hell, why is he here.

We walked out of the bathroom, into the living room with the others and Dad.

"Why the hell are you here?"

"Hello to you too." He nodded towards Riley, "Riley, good to see you again."

"Sir." She politely responded back.

"I was told Antonio made contact with you and he saw Riley. This is a problem Brandon."

"I'm well aware."

Dad and I continued talking back and forth about the same old stuff. I was actually surprised how open he was about everything with Riley sitting beside me. I could see her wheels turning and I wondered what she was thinking, she knew I didn't want to take over for Dad but I needed to do this one thing; help Dad take care of Antonio and then I was gone.

I needed to do this for Mom!

Dad groaned, "I don't think you understand. I have business in New York that needs my attention and I can't do that when you're here because you need protection. I get that you want to graduate and I'm very proud of you for not giving up, but finish back in New York. Bring your girl with you if you have to."

"Antonio isn't going to run my life."

My dad pinched the bridge of his nose. "Riley can you take some sense into my son?"

She took a deep breath, almost contemplating if she should speak.

"This is none of my business-" Riley started out saying before Dad interrupted her.

"It is because you're a major factor ruining his future."

She started laughing, "Ruining?" She looked at me before looking back at my Dad. "If anyone is 'ruining' his future, it's Antonio and you're feeding into that."

"How so?" My dad questioned.

"Your using Antonio to bring Brandon back to New York and just listening to you today you have no intentions of letting him walk away from this life... like he wants. I love Brandon and I will be with him through whatever he chooses, so don't you dare say I'm the one ruining his life."

"You're a smart girl, but you're wrong. I'm a man that always gets what he wants and I will do whatever I have to, to get there and I definitely don't have to feed into Antonio's mess to get there."

I stood up, "Dad!"

"No son, after all, this could be her future too."

"It won't because like I've said from day one, I don't want it." I hissed out.

"We'll see."