Chapter 8: "Persona Game"

(Play this song for the first part of this chapter) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8gT61NVLDk 

The sight in front of me... it's familiar. The parking lot filled with colorful vehicles is where I stood. I feel a bit lighter than usual, I couldn't shake the feeling no matter how much I tried to. So I look down to observe any abnormalities with my my body and sure enough I managed to find something that stood out to me. My body is currently very young, am I consciously remembering something about the past? 

A man stood in front of me. His black fluffy hair and grey attire was something that I couldn't forget. The environment was frozen solid, as if time itself had stopped. The atmosphere was dark, like if I was in space filled with stars, yet somehow I was standing on the space as if gravity didn't matter, or if my feet were placed on some sort of flooring. 

That's right, I remember now. 

I met Naoya-san again, just a few days after our first ever encounter

"Naoya-san," I hear myself say. Though I did not consciously say it, the words came out of my mouth on their own, "What are we doing?" I hear myself ask.

A small curl smile forms itself on Naoya's lips, "You managed to find me again." He said.

Find him again? What did that mean? "Huh? ...I'm lost." I said.

Naoya placed a hand on his hip, "Somehow you were able to find yourself within this space." He said. 

This caused me to look around some more, this dark void of a location was alien to anything I've seen in cartoons or manga before, it was like the space went on infinitely. 

"This... space?" I asked. "Just what is this space?"

Naoya paused for a moment, as if trying to find the right words to say to properly explain what it is he wanted me to know. "This is a place where all souls reside." He said calmly. "In other words, a Sea of Souls that is linked with the collective unconscious of man."

I had no words to really explain how both present me and the me I'm experiencing right now feel. It was like I was experiencing the view of my younger self, despite being fully conscious of who I am today. "Why are you here, Naoya-san?" my younger self says.

Naoya smirked slightly once more, "Who knows?" a small chuckle escapes his lips. "I guess you can say that I'm on a journey of some sort."

"What kind of journey?" 

"To find someone important to me." replied Naoya. "Everyone has one of those, right?"

"You have someone you want to find, Naoya-san?"

Naoya nodded. "I do. Someone who I wish to protect with my life, I'm dedicated to finding them. Even you have someone who you wish to protect, (Name)-kun, right? With your sister."

I feel myself slouch and scowl, "She's a jerkwad is what she is!" It didn't even occur to me at the time that Naoya-san had mentioned my sister. I mentioned my parents to him, but never mentioned my sister. It's odd now that I think back on it.