Chapter 3: The Chariot (2), Justice (1)

(This chapter will be a chapter used to plant seeds for future arcana and plot-points in later chapters c:
Also sorry for the long wait. It feels weird saying "first chapter of 2020",  but that's what it is! Sorry :D)

The adrenaline was still pumping through my veins as I tried to process what had just happened. My heart raced in my chest, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of awe at how we managed to protect the monorail from the Shadow. My mind was filled with thoughts of how easily things could have gone wrong, and how lucky we were to have made it out alive.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and scratched the bridge of my nose. I knew that dwelling on the danger we had just faced wouldn't do us any good. Instead, I focused on the fact that we had succeeded in our mission without any casualties. We had faced our fears and emerged victorious.

A collective sigh of relief echoed through the train, with everyone except Minato appearing visibly shaken. Junpei sounded like he had just run a marathon, gasping for breath between his words. Yukari whispered to herself, her voice barely audible in the aftermath of the chaos. The tension in the air was palpable, and it was as if we were all still waiting for something else to happen. 

I take a deep breath and exit the train, my eyes scanning the area for any signs of danger. My heart is racing, but I try to keep my cool as the others follow me. It's a strange feeling, knowing that I just fought for my life and survived. I can't help but wonder if I'll have to do it again.

As I wait for the others to leave, I catch a glimpse of myself in the window. My eyes are wide and my hair is disheveled, but I'm alive. I feel a sense of pride in myself, knowing that I was able to contribute to the team.

But my triumph is short-lived. Suddenly, the world around me starts to spin, and I feel like I'm losing my grip on reality. I try to keep my balance, but I stumble and fall backwards. Everything around me is dark, and I can't see anything.

Panic sets in as I frantically call out to my friends, but there's no response. I feel completely alone and lost, and I don't know what to do. Then, I hear a faint laughter that sends shivers down my spine. It's a laugh that I know all too well, and it's coming from somewhere nearby.

I turn my head and catch a glimpse of my own reflection in the train's glass. But something is different - my eyes are glowing gold and my smile is twisted into a sinister grin. I try to look away, but I can't. The reflection is hypnotic, drawing me in like a moth to a flame.

Suddenly, a familiar soothing melody filled my ears, transporting me to a place beyond my wildest dreams. It was as if my consciousness had been catapulted into a dark void. The sky above me was an ominous shade of blue, and all around me were Velvet tents of various sizes, giving the area a surreal and otherworldly vibe. A campfire illuminated the area, its dim flames flickering in the breeze. But something was odd, the wood used in the fire wasn't being consumed, as if time stood still.

As I looked around, I noticed several chairs positioned around the fire, all of them a deep shade of blue. One of the tents caught my attention, with the word "Elevator" printed on it, which triggered my memories of the Velvet Room from before.

"Welcome to the Velvet Room," a voice announced from behind me. It was Lavenza, the enigmatic girl I had met before, "My, my, this is the first time I have had to say it!" Her tone was lighthearted, but it quickly shifted to a more formal one, "It appears that you have been transported to a different part of the Velvet Room, which was not anticipated."

I was taken aback by her words and found myself struggling to speak coherently, "Come again..?"

Lavenza's voice was gentle yet perplexed as she spoke, her hand still resting on her chin in thought. I could feel her confusion and uncertainty radiating off of her. I couldn't blame her, I was just as confused myself.