2. The Visit

Sherlocks grip is firm and warm, and Will is unsure for a moment how long he can keep holding his hand, so he retreats it slowly again.

"I'm Louis, and this is Albert. We just moved in next to you."

"Ahh, alright. I haven't noticed much, I was busy with my work." Sherlock brushes through his hair, seemingly a little bit ashamed he didn't notice them.

"You want something to drink? I have coffee or soda."

"A coffee would be nice, I take black. Thank you." Everyone gets led to the kitchen and sits down on the chairs around the table in the middle.

"Where have you been living before?" Sherlock asks and puts down a coffee on the table. Will and Louis take a glass of water instead.

"Oh, we were living much further north of here. But because of work, moving directly to London is our best choice." explains Albert for them.

"Ah, alright."

A short moment of silence.

"What do you do for work?"

"I'm working for the police, mostly." explains Sherlock and finishes the coffee for themselves and sits down on the chair next to Will, which causes an emotional reaction inside him.

"That's pretty interesting, do you mind sharing more?"

"Ah, it's nothing. Whenever they need someone to help them with their investigations, they end up asking me. That's all there is to it."

Sherlock takes a sip of coffee.

"Who do you work for?" This question is directed at Will.

"I just took on the offer of teaching maths at the university."

"Damn ,that's pretty cool!" Will is surprised by the sudden reaction of the man next to him. "i'm not so fond of maths myself, so I could ask you for help, can i?"

Will has to hold back his laughter, but still chuckles lightly.

"Sure you can." He is so weird, but in a refreshing way. Someone who doesn't seem to care much about appearances, but rather the person themselves.

They exchange a few more pleasantries, and leave an hour later.

"Thanks for having us." Louis thanks Sherlock.

"No problem, I'm glad I got to know you. If you need something, just give me a ring. But if I don't react right away, just wait a moment."

"Oh- alright." Will waves lightly as they part and go home again.

Albert opens the door to their home. "He is a little bit weird, but he's friendly. I don't mind having him around."

Louis nods in confirmation. "A little weird indeed."

Will puts off his shoes and still is looking for words to explain Sherlock.

"He seems smart, I would like to have a chess match against him some day." Louis looks at him a little surprised. "I didn't expect you to call someone else smart."

Will waves off his brother. "Let's make lunch. I'm hungry."

Later in the afternoon they managed to clear up most of their stuff. Now you are actually able to walk through the hallway without stumbling on a box standing in your way. Next week everyone has to go back to work, and Will has his papers prepared already. But his mind just won't really stay on topic, but ends up thinking about their meeting today.

They live next to each other, so meeting up again isn't too much of a problem. The young man forces himself to think about something else again. There will be enough situations where he can meet this smart weirdo again, so no use to bother thinking about it too much right now.

It's a bit shorter this time around, because I cut to another day the following chapter (spoiler haha!) and wanted it to be seperated by chapters, hope this is alright dear readers!
I've just also read chapter 59 of the manga and yeah...this must be how it feels to have your heart being punched out and being mended again with tacky glue.
This Fanfic maybe also helps you and me to cope with this and further engage with the things we love, especially Sherliam ^.^