14. Closeness and last worries that shall vanish

A few hours have passed. Will refused to go home alone, while Sherlock was the only one allowed inside to question the captive. People walk past him, and sometimes he notices them glancing at his injured arm. Great, what should he tell his brothers? They won't accept anything besides the truth anyway.

Deep in his thoughts he almost doesn't notice Sherlock coming out of the room again, having a puzzled look on his face.

"So, what did you find out?"

"Well...they are just one of the smaller leaders, or at least they said so. Their turf is here and we happened to dip too deep into them executing someone who betrayed them."
"You mean the Teacher? This must be covered up, better nobody finds out this man was involved with the Chinese Mafia..." Will folds his arms in front of his chest. This is something he thought might be the case, but when they are already chasing after them both for digging slightly into the matter, then what would have they done once Sherlock and he uncovered more?

"It's better we let some spirits sleep. We can't afford blowing up their entire gang here, but we caught their leader so it might be a good start."

Sherlock looks at him and is surprised. "You look so worried."

"Are we truly safe now?"

"As I said, we got according to the woman a good amount of their people in this area. But just here, and since she is the one taking care here, nobody else should come after us. Everyone has their turf and their business. Yet I know we can't trust the words of a criminal this easily too."

A moment of silence between them. Will looks out of the window to his right side.

"Well, it's hard for me to let down my walls actually. But...you did a good job. I picked someone very competent as my partner." and reaches out with his hand for Sherlocks cheek, who smiles sheepishly and turns slightly red.

As he leans in closer, they both stop, only a few centimeters away from each other's faces.

"Sorry, should we stand here...ehrm."

"Yeah, maybe in the middle of the floor in the police department might not be the perfect place for flirting, right?" Blushing both take a step away from each other, and try to get a grip on themselves.

"When are we allowed to leave? Do you have any more business here?" Will checks the clock on the wall, it's already early morning. Yeah, he is feeling sluggish and pretty exhausted from all this excitement of the past hours.

"No, I'm all good, but let me call the cab. You don't look so well."

"I appreciate your concern, but I'm just tired. Let me crash in your place please? My brothers think I was staying with you last night."

"You lied to them?" Sherlock looks at him as if he wants to scold him.

"Somewhat, only partially. But if you don't want me over..."

"It's alright, you can come! Let's go before I drop dead tired." Sherlock grabs him by his sleeve and pulls him down the stairs to the outside. He waves over a driver and helps him in the car, while always keeping an eye out for his partner.

"Sorry, I'm the super tired type. All of this really took its toll on me." Will leans back into the worn out seat, watching the other cars and houses fly by in a blur of colors outside the window.

"Here, come over." Sherlock softly brushes over his head and pushes him closer to him, so that Will can rest his head on his shoulders.

The soft smell of his clothes but also the sweat from the past night comforts him, while Sherlock keeps brushing his head.