10. Family Bonds

"Hey, where are you?" Someone knocks at the entrance door. Sherlock jumps up and opens it slightly to check who is out there first.

"Oh, it's you, Patterson." The policeman with glasses, Will remembers him from a few days ago at the university.

"We got the coast clear, but...this sure was something unusual." The young man looks at them through his glasses, showing a serious facial expression.

"Probably it's because we dug a little bit too deep into this...entire murder case at the University. I can see where this is going, and if we want this case to be solved soon, you better put your best man to work. I don't want to risk killing myself or my friend here." With these words he takes out a cigarette out of his back pocket. This reminds Liam that he hasn't seen him smoking once. Probably his friend is trying to withdraw the nicotine, but judging from his movements Sherlock stress smokes.

"Hey, please. Do that outside. You know I hate smoke." Patterson waves with a disgusted look at the smoke. Sherlock follows Pattersons request and puts the lit stud out.

"Smoking isn't good for your health, and as you said, I don't want you to die early because you can't stop smoking while stressed." Sherlock looks at him surprised.

"Well, you are a good detective. Yes, i've been trying to smoke less. But there is quite a lot going on here, can you blame me?" Together they leave the staircase and in front of the door are already a few policemen waiting.

"You brought a lot of your men!" Sherlock waves at the multiple cars parked in front of his home.

"This is a serious situation, and you are going to tell me everything you know about this case. We have to find out who has their sights set on you, and you said you know why already." Patterson takes out a small notepad.

"You too, Mister Moriarty. We need all the eyewitnesses and statements we can get."

An hour later everything cooled down a bit. Both told the police everything they know, and got told to be careful the following days while the police investigated the matter more closely.
"Well, I have to teach again tomorrow, hopefully nothing serious is going to happen..." Will murmurs to himself, and his friend lays down a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, as far as I can tell they tried to scare us, that's all. And if you need something, you can give me a call."

Still the matter is nothing to laugh at or ignore, but his friend's words comfort him.

"Well, you got something to do tomorrow evening? Or better, the day after, still got a lot of stuff for my students to prepare." asks Will and goes through his mental calendar, now that business in the University proceeds as usual again, he has to be always prepared and continue teaching.

"In two days? I can arrange that. For you I don't mind delaying appointments."

"Smooth one, but please don't." Will chuckles at Sherlock trying to flirt.

"What are we going to do? Got something on your mind?"

"That will be a secret, Mister Sherlock Holmes. And now go back inside, we can continue where we left off another day." he brushes his cheek and leaves for his own house, leaving Sherlock, taken by surprise back.

"You are alright? What is going on!" As soon as the door fell into the lock, his brothers were at his side. Especially Louis looks scared, still wearing a cute apron around his hip as if he has left what he was doing to look after his brother immediately.

Will explains the situation to them, while moving onto the couch in the living room.

"Are you sure you are going to be alright? You dabbled into something you shouldn't have." Albert crosses his arms in front of his chest and gives Will a stern look, while his brother attempts to save his baking in the kitchen.