chapter one . new start

(All the things she said by T

(All the things she said by T.A.T.u)

Nat could already hear the whispers and rumors about her forming at McKinley High.  She had heard through the grapevine that people had thought she had murdered someone or tried to burn down the school.

Of course, none of that was true.

It was after being busted dealing drugs to some kids in her class on the summer break, Nat got thrown in juvie for two months and has to do a lot of community service to do.

She hadn't really done anything during the rest of the break (instead, she salvaged what time she had left, drinking, sleeping, working and paying bills). She hadn't seen anyone walking around Lima Height, other then Santana. It was no suprise that Nat and Santana were close, but when school rolls around, they would go back to not speaking to each other. Speaking to each other would ruin both of their reputations. Nat was a loner and Santana was a popular girl. Two sides of the popularity spectrum.

Anyway, because Santana didn't tell anyone about Nat's time in juvie, when school rolled around, it didn't suprise her that people talked.

Nat felt an unwelcoming air hit her as she walked though the hall, making no eye contact with anyone. She saw Rachel Berry whimper away from her and the unholy trinity whispering to each other. Finn Hudson looked at the ground, uncomfortable in the presence of the girl who sold his friends weed. Puckerman was happy to see his dealer walking around.

"Hey, Nat!" He called with a smirk, "You bang any girls in juvie?"

"Heaps," Nat turns around with an even more careless smirk. Her leather jacket makes a noise with the movement, "The lights were dimmed and the guards played jazz. That scenario sound familiar to you, Puck?"

Puck makes a wordless noise, as if he too were there, in the prison, watching the scene play out. Nat keeps walking. She had a meeting with Figgins and her parole officer, Jacob.

Meetings though. Who has the time?

Nat strolls past Figgins' office and into the girls locker room. She opens up a window, grabs a joint from her carton and flicks her lighter on.

Taking a puff, Nat instantly relaxes. It had been a tough couple of weeks for Nat. Her mum, Irene, was passed out on the couch for most hours of the day. Nat had lost her job at Dairy Queen because she was caught. She now has a low paying job at the care home, so now she was struggling to pay off the rent on the caravan park and the loans back to the bank, used to buy the caravan.

When Nat's dad, Pete, left, Irene was absolutely devastated. She didn't want a kid, or a house. Not by herself, at least. Irene felt trapped by the life left for her be her husband. She had ended up escaping through drugs.

"You know, you aren't meant to do that in here."

The voice of the self-righteous Quinn Fabray echoes though the otherwise empty lockeroom. Nat glances at the girl, who was smoothing the skirt of her already pristine cheerleading uniform.