chapter twenty two . boobs

in which nat pretends to move on and quinn remains stuck in was used to be.

One thing Nat had learned over the summer break was that Santana Lopez got a boob job. It was hot. And of course, out of the pure goodness of her heart, Santana let Nat have a look... among other things. That would have been the highlight of her summer. It had been pretty bad actually. Nat had lost her job at the foster home. She was close to loosing the trailer and still had to keep on top of paying for her mom's rehab.

It was hectic.

Not to mention Quinn.

That was still touchy subject.

"Coming back to Glee?" It was the night before school and Santana was staying at Nat's. It was small and cramped, but neither of the girls seemed to mind, taking small joy in the peace and quiet.

Nat took a sharp drag from her joint, feeling dazed and loopy, "I gotta work, San. You know that. I gotta stay on track since I've finished my community service."

"What would your government connections think if they saw you smoking weed?" Santana smirked, stretching out like a cat. Plucking the joint from Nat, she took a hit and resisted the urge to cough and splutter, "would they be disapointed?"

"They'd want me to thrive and strive- what's the saying? Eat, sleep, love?" Nat reached for her joint, but Santana moved backwards, saying just out of reach.

"Pray- it's eat, sleep, pray."

Nat laughed, "Pray? Jesus, the churchy people are taking over everything. It probably used to be eat, sleep, fuck."

"They almost definitely say that about us."

"Goddamn lesbians," Once again, Nat laughed, "I mean who do they think they are? Loving who they want?"

"It's scandalous." Santana wore a grin, the joint still resting between her long fingers.

"Wanna cause a scandal with me, San? It would be enough to catch Brit's attention." Nat wasn't stupid. Her best friend was hopelessly in love with Brittany S Pierce. And it stung a little, knowing thay she wanted to be with someone else. It seemed everyone wanted to be with someone else these days...

Santana took another drag, exhaling slowly this time, "Don't you want a certain blonde back, hypocrite?"

"Ugh, you bore me with such emotional talk," Nat leaned over Santana, grinning. She discarded her leather jacket on the floor and peered into her eyes. Dark and secretive- brown and warm- crisp and new. No longer a blue that Nat could drown in, but a brown she could wrap herself in. She rubbed Santana's jawline gently with her thumb, smiling, "wouldn't you rather we have some fun?"

Santana groaned, "You make me feel conflicted, Nat- I hope you know that."

Nat grinned and swiftly kissed her, feeling gloriously free. She took the joint from her and pulled away, "Mission accomplished."

She took a hit, before Santana stole it back, throwing it out the window and smirking. She hooked her leg underneath Nat's and flipped her over, so now she was on top, "Wow, you're just asking for trouble."

"Yep." Nat was grinning devilishly, enjoying every moment of this interaction.

"You're totally gonna get it, Aldine."

"Bring it, Lopez- feast on me."

"With pleasure."

While Nat and Santana took pleasure in the small (and big things), Quinn Fabray was staring at herself in the mirror for the twenty-fourth time that night. It had been a rough night... Quinn had looked at her phone with nothing but anxiety- why hadn't Nat tried to call her again? Where was she? Is she okay?