chapter nine . baking at it's finest

Nat was playing a clapping game with Brittany before Glee Club officially started, "Okay, so when my hands go like that, yours go like that

Nat was playing a clapping game with Brittany before Glee Club officially started, "Okay, so when my hands go like that, yours go like that. Then, we swap." Nat explains. She had developed a soft spot for the blonde. She gave Nat a friendship bracelet and a crayon drawing of them when she was kicked out of the Cheerios. It was adorable.

"Like that?" Brittany asks, clapping along.

"Perfect." Nat smiles, but it quickly morphs to a frown when she hears Quinn talking.

"Another doctor bill came to my parents’ house last night, Finn. We’re lucky that I’m clever and intercepted it. But we have to start paying these doctor’s bills or they’re going to go to a collection agency and then my parents are going to find out that I’m with child. Your child."

Schue walks in and starts having out the sheet music, "All right, guys. We’re doing a new number for Sectionals. I know that pop songs have sort of been our signature pieces, but I did a little research on past winners, and it turns out that the judges like songs that are more accessible. Stuff they know. Uh, standards, Broadway."

"‘Defying Gravity’? I have an iPod shuffle dedicated exclusively to selections from Wicked. This is amazing." Kurt grins in excitement.

Nat snorts, "No need to overdose on gay, Kurt. What's Wicked?"

Kurt gasps in horror, "Oh, my God! How do you not-- I mean, wha-- how?"

"Not everyone grew up with money to get by. Sorry, if I don't know about your stupid musical and your stupid song." Nat slumps back in her chair.

"Think you can handle it, Rachel?" Schue asks. Nat frowns. Didn't Kurt want this solo?

"It’s my go-to shower song. It’s also my ring tone." Rachel says.

"Oi, Schue." Schue looks at Nat with a raised eyebrow, "Sorry. Oi, Mr Schue. I think Kurt should get the solo. Or they could duet? I dunno, it seems unfair to just give ut to Rachel."

"Wh–"

"Give Kurt the song."

"Why do we have to go all vanilla on this song? See, what we need is my chocolate thunder." Mercedes asks.

"Okay, we don’t have time to rearrange a song for you, Mercedes. Rachel is singing it. Don’t worry, we’ll find something for you to dip in chocolate" Nat laughs, "On to item two. The school won’t pay for the special bus we need to take Artie and his wheelchair with us to sectionals."

"W-w-what?!" Tina stutters.

"That’s completely unfair."