epilogue of act one

"SO DID YOU KISS HER?" Jean was sitting up eargerly, listening to Nat intensely.

Sue scoffed, "I bet you she didn't, Jeanie. Our Nat is silly like that. She doesn't see what's right in front of her. A trait she got from her mother no doubt."

"Ha ha, Sue." Nat says dryly, not even a little amused. It had been a month since Regionals- a month since Quinn had left- a month since Quinn had talked to Nat- it had been three weeks since Nat had left her apartment for the trailer park- it had been two weeks since Nat had started selling weed again- it had been a week since Irene checked into rehab.

It had been four hours since Nat had tried calling Quinn, leaving an emotional voicemail. Quinn hadn't reponded.

"So did you grab her and kiss her?" Jean asked, eager for a happy ending, "like they do in the movies."

"Nope," Nat said, staring out the window, "I just let her walk."

"Boo!" Sue threw her popcorn at Nat, only to recieve a glare from Nat.

"She wants time, I can give her time. She needs to sort her life out- I get it. But in this time, I will be able to do whatever I want, and she can't stop me. And that'll infuriate the hell out of her." Nat picked up the popcorn and put it in her mouth.

"Oh god, Trailer Park," Sue sighed, "please don't do anything stupid."

And while Nat proceed to take Sue's warning, she went on to do many stupid things in order to get Quinn Fabray back.

-   end of act one   -