chapter fifteen . short-lived distance and tickle fights

Nat taps her joint against the sink gently because believe it or not, that shit is expensive

It felt nice to have control over this one aspect in her life. Inhale, exhale, repeat. Since her emotions decided to rebel against her and fall for Quinn, Nat had been struggling. She doesn't know how to deal with it.

It was clear to Nat that she was having a crisis.

She couldn't talk to Quinn, or Finn or anyone about her feelings. It felt like all the trust she had build with her friends was crumbling slightly because she didn't know who to talk to.

"You're the person I'm meant to go to with my problems, right?" Nat shifts in her seat.

"Well, um, yes."

"Good. 'Cause I need an outlet for some stuff." Nat sighs, trying to get comfortable.

"Go ahead." Miss Pilsbury smiles and pushes a box of tissues forwards.

Nat takes a deep breath, "Okay, so. Once I got out of juvie, I was alone and stuff. I would smoke and drink. My mum was absent and my dad was non-existant. I needed someone. I joined Glee and made some friends. And later, I sparked a friendship with Quinn Fabray. We would go off in our own little world and banter. We were each other's rock," Nat paused, "You keeping up?"

"Yep." Emma felt a stunning resemblance to Nat. Falling for the friend. A rookie mistake.

"So, we were there for each other. We'd fight and make up quickly. Our fights usually make us stronger, you know? It was just... it was all perfect. We had this great, friendly but not friendly thing going on."

"So what happened?"

"Me and my stupid feelings had to stroll in and ruin everything." Nat rolls her eyes.

"Feelings are a good thing, Natasha. They prove you're human."

"My feelings made me ruin my friendship with Quinn. I should have just kept on being witty and flirty and awesome, but I talked to her about things I never told anyone. I was vulnerable and this is what I get." Nat glares at the wall, trying to stop the tears from rising.

"Did you have a crush?"

"I think," Nat voice hushed to a whisper, "I think I love her."

"Love is a big thing..." Emma thinks to herself. Does she love Will?

Nat chuckles bitterly, "I've never really loved anyone. I mean, maybe my mum, but this was different. It was like... all my life, I've been fighting against the strongest current. I've just swam and swam and swam. But then, she came to help me. And pushing against the current wasn't so hard. 'Cause she was with me."

"Wow, I..." Emma was speechless, "I, um..."

"Whatever," Nat stands up, "Thanks for listening."

"Wait, Nat," Emma stumbles over her words, "I would like to have a chat about possible career options for you."