chapter twenty four . lavender haze

An- I'm backkkkk and slaying. Soz for abandoning u all lol. U guys all love this story so imma keep updating now. I have big plans ;)

Nat had never been so over worked in her life. She had long and droning shifts every night at the nursing home, the midnight light creeping into her mind, planting a seed of exhaustion. And then school in the daytime, in which she executed her side hustle of drug dealing. She was pretty discrete when it came to that side of life, not wanting any of her friends, mostly Quinn, to find out that she was dealing again. If Quinn did find out, Nat was sure it would be horrible. Quinn, was conservative- she had 'old lady from texas' values that didn't agree with a modern job like mild drug dealing.

It was a warm afternoon, when Nat strode into the choir room for the first time in weeks. She had been too busy sleeping, to go to glee, but miraculously, she had managed to fit in a visit. It had been even long since she had been able to see Quinn at Mercedes or Kurt or anyone at glee. So suffice it to say, Nat had a lot to catch up on. A lot...

Like the fact that Quinn had found a new boyfriend.

Or– well, mostly just that. The fact that Lucy Quinn Fabray was dating a male guy dude instead of flirting with her a girly pop cool girl. It was baffling and heartbreaking.

They hadn't noticed Nat's arrival. No one had. She could see how they just fit together, like a couple of perfect puzzle pieces, all churchy and straight and perfectly perfect. It made something crackle within her, like lightening in a storm. She cleared her throat loud enough to catch everyone's attention. All eyes were on her.

"It's been a while everyone," Nat slowly paced in front of the group- intimidating and angry, "but I'm back now. I see we have a new face. Who are you?"

Out of the corner of her eye, Nat could see Quinn sit up straight (lol) with attention, "Nat, you–"

"S'okay, Quinn," the perfect blond boy said, "I'm Sam Evans. Quinn has said so much about you. You must be Natasha, right?"

Nat felt irritated. He seemed... nice. Really nice, "It's Nat. I'm Nat. Basically Quinn's best friend among other such things. So where did you come from?"

"Oh, just out from—"

"Trick question, I don't really care," Nat chanelled her inner Sue, "are you dangerous? Have you ever done drugs? Had alcohol? Snuck out? Sworn? Skipped church on sunday? Lied? Watched p–"

"Nat, that's enough," Quinn stood up, glaring, "you wanted me to do this, remember? This is me doing that. And believe it or not, I'm enjoying it. So butt out and leave Sam alone."

Nat fumed, a fake smile crawling across her face, "Oh, of course, Quinnie. I do apologise," she looks at Sam, "you too, Samuel."

"Uh, it's okay."

Nat sighed, "So have you lovebirds had sex yet?"

There was a collective loud yell over the question, a mixture of shouts and groans.

"Nat!" Quinn hissed.

"Just 'cause Quinn here doesn't have a real good track record, that's all. Don't want a repeat of last time, huh, Quinn?" Nat's smile dropped and a glare took it's place. She took a seat next to Santana and ignored the chaos she had started, having mixed emotions as about her entire life. Finn started going on about Jesus, which definitely didn't help Nat's mood. She didn't want her surrogate brother falling in love with the idea of a religion that hates gay people and women.

"If I could cut in, Finn," Nat smiles at him almost kindly, "the whole idea of religion is crap. It's an idea about a deity to enslave the masses and cause groupthink ideals. It causes war and hatred. Especially towards women like myself, gay people like myself and people of science, aka me."