chapter fourteen . gut wrenching realisations

Nat felt weird in a dress

She certainly wasn't used to it and missed the way her baggy jeans and loose flannels felt. But it was cool to spin in, feeling the material flare out slightly. Nat was talking to Mercedes when she saw Quinn. Suddenly her knees felt shaky, like she had just run a marathon.

Quinn looked like a Goddess. She wore the black and red dress with elegance. There was an energy, or a light radiating off her, as she walked in. Her face contorted into on of discomfort and sadness.

Nat stood there, feeling like a fish out of water, gulping for air. Mercedes smirks, "Go talk to her."

"I think not," Nat rolls her eyes, "She--"

"She needs you," she urges, "Go."

Nat scoffs and walks over to Quinn, suddenly feeling nervous and shy. She looked so pretty, just standing there, in the corner. Nat was clamming up. This had never happened before... she was usually smooth talking and chill, but now... now, something was different.

"Fabray," Nat smiles softly, "How are you feeling?"

Quinn had tired and bloodshot eyes, "I'm just-- can I stay at your place tonight? I, um, I just want to to hold me and tell me everything's gonna b-be okay." Her voice trembled and cracked. As if something was triggered in Quinn, she fell into Nat's arms and instantly found comfort.

"Yeah..." Nat hugged Quinn back, fiercly tight, "of course you can stay with me. Whenever you want."

"Let's get seated everyone!" Miss Pilsbury smiles nervously, ushering the students to the seats.

Nat sat next to Quinn, clutching her hand. She turns to her, "You know, I've been talking to Finn."

"O-Oh."

"He'll be okay. He's just emotional, sad and angry. But I'm sure that the whole thing will blow over." Nat says, smiling supportively.

"Yeah, when?"

"About... three to four months, I'd say," Nat smirks, catching Quinn's upset eyes, "Look, Fabray. I would kn--"

"--how on God's earth would you know? You're not pregnant! You haven't got a reputation to uphold. Your parents haven't..." Quinn trails off, suddenly extremely aware of what she was saying and who she was talking to.

Nat felt a pang of hurt, immediately followed by anger, "I know you're emotional, okay, I get it," Nat exhales sharply, feeling upset, "and if you were anyone else, you'd be getting beaten up so bad, you would forget what decade you're in--"

"Nat, I--" Quinn felt guilty. She didn't mean to say that. She was upset and bitter. She had bottled up her anger for so long and Nat had given her the perfect opening.

"Look, I may be a bitch or whatever, but I have a soft spot for you," Nat says, trying to stop her sadness from taking over, "Please, don't take advantage of that. I know you want some sort of pity party, but sadly, I'm not down for that."