16 (alternative ending)

It was almost like a deep sleep, you know, the one where you want to wake up, but your eyes physically won't open. Like when you're too tired, and your eyes sting, you keep them closed. That's how I've felt for the last... actually, I don't know how long it's actually been. But, I can tell that wherever I am, it's comfy, and soft... and smells like a hospital room?

"what do you mean? You can't tell when she's going to wake? She's been like this for four days, you've given her, well whatever you've been giving her, isn't bloody working!" The voice is recognisable, almost like - 

"Draco! Please, they're only trying to help, they're doing everything they can!" I hear another voice reason back. Mother? 

Draco and mum? Oh merlin, please, let me wake now! I'm desperate to see them. Oh Gods please! 

I hear the door open, yet, I cannot see whose come in. I'm taking a guess though, Draco and mum, most likely. Where's father then?

"Mother, look at her, she's been out for days-" Days? 

"Draco! Stop it, the healer said she might still be able to hear everything" Mum said in a harsh whisper, though I could still hear it. 

Hearing Draco sigh, a chair moved, almost as if he sat down in it. Why can't I just wake up now? I want to know what happened, did we win? What's happened with father? It doesn't sound like he's here. 

Trying hard to open my eyes, I felt a hand touch mine, gently squeezing it, as if it was a way of comfort. Trying hard, I tried and tried to squeeze the hand back. It didn't feel like anything was happening. But the small gasp told me otherwise, "mum, she..she squeezed my hand" I did? It never felt like it. Again, I squeezed his hand, and I could tell this time. 

Maybe if I try to open my eyes...

This time, my eyes did open. But I was quick to close them. The blinding light was a little too sudden for my liking. With a soft groan leaving m lips, I opened my eyes again, letting my eyes adjust to the light. Looking around, I noticed I was in a personal hospital room in St. Mungos. Mum and Draco were here. They both looked extremely tired though. 

"Darling?" Mum asked, leaning over to brush some hair out of my face. 

"Mum? Draco?" I wasn't sure if this was real, or if it was all inside my head. Maybe I'm still out of it, making it up? 

"Oh Merlin! Lyra, we were so worried" Mum said giving me gentle pecks all over my cheeks. Blinking a little, I looked between her and Draco, who was smiling, a smile I hadn't seen in a very long time, as he blinked away tears. 

"What happened?" I asked, glancing down at my arm, where I noticed the pain. It was all wrapped up in a white cast sort of thing. My foot hurt too. I remembered then, the collapsing building, and my sprained foot during the fight. 

"It's all over now, darling" Mum said, stroking my cheek with a finger.

"But.. the building? It collapsed on me... How am I still alive?" I asked, furrowing my eye brows. Surely, someone in my pace would be dead, right? 

Draco bit his lip then, "We got you in time, brought you straight here. The healers.. Well they gave you a shit tonne of-"

"Draco" Mum said with a slight warning tone. 

"Sorry. They gave you a lot of potions and things, did a lot of spells. they had to recorrect your arm, it broke, but that cast is keeping it all in place, until it fully heals. Shouldn't be too much longer" 

"Right... How long have I been like this?" I asked, shifting a little to sit up a bit, a small 'ouch' leaving me. 

"Four days.. but don't worry, the worst is over "Draco started.

"I'm sure you have questions darling, but please rest. You need it" Mum commented. 

Shrugging gently, I turned to Draco, "and? Is it over?" I asked. 

With a small nod from Draco, I felt a massive weight lift from my shoulders. Good, at least that was over. 

***

I had spent a couple more days at St. Mungos, just so that the healers could keep an eye on me for a little while longer. I had a lot of questions to ask, such as where father was, how Voldemort was killed. Of course, I could only ask when mum left the room to go and get something to eat. And of course, Draco answered every question I had. Dad was at Azkaban, for all the wrongs he did, along with Bellatrix. Harry had dealt with Voldemort. 

But today was the day that I can go home. So with everything needed all ready, and getting all the potions needed to help with taken pain away, we were walking down the corridor. Of course, Draco insisted I sit in a wheelchair, so I don't over do myself. However, I felt the need not to sit in one. Pretty sure it's me being stubborn and all, but I managed to walk to the floo, with some pain, but I did it. 

We managed to get back home, dusting off the ash from the fireplace as I stepped out. Home still looked a little dark and dull, but the furniture was back in their places, and all portraits off other were removed. Did this mean that mum and father were over? I'd have to ask later, probably Draco though. I'm positive it wouldn't be appropriate to ask mum, in case they have split and she's pretending she's okay. She's good at that. 

Going up to my room, with Draco at my side, I got into bed, where I would be able to rest. My body ached all over, and I'm sure resting was a good idea. Hearing mum say she needed to go out, and that she wouldn't be long, I watched as Draco put some of my stuff away in draws. Watching him turn, he sauntered over, "so what do you want to do? We can read, or sit out in the garden? It's quite nice outside. I could get the houselves to make you something to eat? You must be hungry, the food at St.Mungos is okay and all, but it's not home food-"

"Draco, are mum and dad... splitting?" I asked, cutting him off. I watched as he sighed. Sitting next to me on my bed, as he slipped his shoes off, he nodded gently. "Yeah, mother's not too happy with him. Think she's just fed up of being treated like shit by him to be fair" I nodded, that was a fair point. 

"how's your arm?" Draco asked as he looked down at me. Glancing up at him, I shrugged gently, 

"It's fine, hurts a little though" I admitted. 

With a soft sigh, Draco nodded, and slung an arm around my shoulder, "It's going to be okay, you know. We'll be fine, all of us" He said, making me nod slightly. Thats how we fell asleep. Draco's arm around me, my head on chest. It felt good to have the old Draco back. It was good to be back. 

A/N: More updates to come!!