7

Christmas ended just as quick as it had started. I've been focusing on my studies, rather than worry about the word of Voldemort. Every time I hear his name, I think back to the night he was in my house.

I couldn't sleep at night, knowing he was there. I felt so uncomfortable, and for the first time ever, Hogwarts actually felt safe. I felt safe there, knowing that He wasn't going to be there.

I had started to wonder, What if he knew about me? He probably does, because he was in my house, but...what if he forces me to join him? I don't want to, but I don't want to disappoint my parents, especially my father. I know he's disappointed in me. He always has been. He's favoured Draco much more than me, it's very obvious. Though, people can see it, no one says anything. I think people are afraid, and are cowering away from my father. They're all cowards. But then, I guess that makes me a coward too. I think I've always been one, for the sheer fear of father getting mad. I know what he's like when he's mad.

I finished writing my potions essay. I think I did okay on it. I'm not too sure. I can't be bothered to read over it. It's too much effort. Everything is too much effort. Everything is harder. Why is everything harder all of a sudden?

I put my quill away, and turned my essay into Slughorn, whose sat at the front. I like him, he's nice, and doesn't hover. I'm glad Snape isn't Potions professor anymore. I don't think I'd feel comfortable with that.

"Ah Miss. Malfoy, what lovely essay. Good amount you've written" Slughorn started, "You can leave if you wish". And that's one thing I liked. Once we finished the work or essay or whatever we've been set, he lets us go to our common rooms. I collected up my stuff and left, walking down the corridor. But harsh whispers stop me in my tracks. I pressed myself up against the wall, and listen. I heard Draco. He was telling Snape how he's the chosen one, how Voldemort chose him, not Snape. "I don't need your help! He chose me to do it!"

There, my heart broke. He promised me. He promised that he wasn't into it. But now, here he is. He wants to do it. I sighed and push myself away from the wall and head down to the dungeons. I need to sleep. Sleep is what I need. I haven't sleep for a while. I need to do that.

I got in, go up to my shared dorm and flopped on the bed immediately letting sleep take over.

Draco's POV:

After my little chat with Snape, I sauntered down the corridor, straightening my prefect badge as I look for Potter along with his ginger little friend and mudblood companion. I didn't have to look around for long, but when I had spotted them, I made sure my signature smirk is plastered onto my face.

Potter looked up, "Malfoy-" He started off, but I cut him off. His superiors speak before he can.

I rolled my eyes, "Look, Potter, listen to me. Something is going to happen soon. I...I need you to look after Lyra. All of you" I said, glancing between him, Weaslebee, and Granger. They looked confused, but before any of them can talk, I continued, "I..I can;'t protect her with her getting hurt. Just...Keep her safe, alright? Please" I say.

Weaslebee pulled a face, "Your snotty sister? Why on earth-" He had got cut off, surprisingly by Granger.

"Yes, Malfoy, we'll look out for her. At least she's not an insufferable git like yourself" Granger said, with a sharp look.

I snorted and rolled my eyes, "Whatever. If I find you that you haven't done what I've asked, I'll hex you so bad, and then pull one of the unforgivable curses. Understand?" I snapped. They nodded meekly, making me nod once and turn on my heel. Merlin, please, please make sure that my sister is with Harry and the others. She's a lot safer with them, than she is with me...