6

Before I knew it, we were on the Hogwarts train, making our way back home. I looked out the window, thinking about how my Christmas would end up. I hoped that everything would go back to normal, or be okay at least. I must've zoned out, because one minute Draco was babbling on about how he couldn't wait to finish Hogwarts all together, as he hated the place. Secretly, I think he liked it. He just didn't want to admit it.

The next minute, Draco was tapping my arm repeatedly, telling me how much of an annoying prat I was, for not listening to him.

"Sorry, Draco, I'm just thinking..." I trailed off.

Draco sighed and looked at me, his grey eyes held sorrow, regret and guilt, "I'm so sorry Lyra...I wished I had a choice, and if I did, I wouldn't take part in it... you know, when this whole thing is finished, we're moving away from the manor. I can't risk you getting hurt. If you do get hurt, I'd hate myself forever. " he said, with a sigh.

I looked at him, "hey, I won't get hurt. No one can hurt me, Draco. I'm a tough cookie." I said with a grin, this made Draco smile. I'm glad I could crack a smile.

The train arrived at Kings Cross, so Draco and I gathered our belongings, and made our way out. As per normal, I expected to see mother there. But she was not there, and neither was father. I glanced at Draco, who looked around confused.

"Well...where the bloody hell are they?" Draco muttered, as he looked around.

I bit my lip as I looked around too, "I'm not sure.."

We must've been waiting there for at least an hour. All the other kids had already left with their parents, the ones that actually made time for their children. I leant against the wall, crossing my arms, waiting. Draco was fiddling with his Slytherin tie, which was now undone and was in his hands now. The Hogwarts train took off, back to the school.

We soon enough got bored of waiting, so we just made our way home. We walked until we were out of muggle sight, so Draco could apparate us home. We got home and ended up outside the manor. We took our things to the door. I close down my eyes, took a deep breath and followed Draco inside. To my surprise, the house was empty. There was no noise. I looked at Draco and furrowed my eyebrows, "where is everyone?" I asked him.

Draco frowned and dumped his stuff on the floor, as the house elves came and took everything to our rooms. "I have no idea.." He mumbled. "Lets go look around" he said and took his wand out. I took mine out too, and followed his lead as we explored the manor. There was no noise, apart from our footsteps and the house elves walking around. We got to father's office, and Draco looked at me, giving me a nod before he opened the door.

There sat father, reading a book. He looked up and saw us both, " Ah, Draco...and Lyra.. what are you both doing here?" He asked, standing up, straightening his black cloak.

Draco frowned, "father, it's Christmas, we're home for the Christmas holidays, remember?" He said and put his wand away, however, I still gripped mine close to my side.

"Oh... bollocks. Yes, well, why don't both of you go and get comfortable, I'll go and get your mother" father said and briskly walked out.

I raised an eyebrow at Draco, "what was that all about?" I asked as we both walked out, and up to our bedrooms.

"Who knows, things are getting weirder around here everyday." Draco said as he got to his room, "I'm going to shower and whatnot. I'll see you later" he said and went inside.

I walked to my room and got out of my uniform. I picked out a black knee length dress, and a green bow to go in my hair. I got to the bathroom and turned on the water. As I waited for it to heat up, I looked at myself in the mirror. Who knew that this would ever happen to me?

I put my clothes on the side and stepped into the warm shower. I washed my hair, and my body. I then spent the majority of the time just standing there, thinking. Father was most defiantly acting weird. And it wasn't a good weird.

***

I had my dress on, and I was now put my hair into a bun, putting the bow in. I put a little mascara on, and I found my green beaded bracelet. I found some black flats to put on. I felt comfortable enough, so I went to go find Draco.

I walked around the house, looking for Draco. I sighed as I couldn't see him. I turned the corner, and I froze. My breath hitched. Snape. Snape was in my house, walking down the hall with Voldemort.

I quickly ran back to my room, locked the door. I tried to breathe normally again, sliding down the wall.

"Oh Merlin..." I whispered to myself. Now what was going to happen ?