5

Before I knew it, Christmas time was closer than I expected. Today was our last day at Hogwarts, tomorrow, was the day we went back to our families for two weeks. I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this. I'm happy to get a break from school, but...that means going back home, to mother, after and the strangers that filled up our house.

I was in my dorm, just finishing some packing. As soon as I finished, I got my robes on, and walked down into the common room, before bumping into someone. "Watch where you're going you little-...Oh, hi Lyra" The voice belonged to my brother. Of course, it wasn't a surprise.

"Hi Draco" I mumbled, making sure my uniform was okay.

"Are you alright, sister?" Draco asked, raising a brow, Goyle and Crabbe suddenly at his side. I narrowed my eyes at his two idiotic friends and nodded, "Yes, i'm fine. I'm just going to eat" I said, going to the Great Hall to eat dinner.

"We'll come with you" Draco said, following me out, Goyle and Crabbe following his lead. Ever since he told me everything that has been happening, he's become more...attatched. I mean, I've missed this attention, but he's been very clingy lately. But oh well...

Once we got to the Great Hall, I sat down, Draco sitting on my left, Goyle on my right, and Crabbe next to Draco. I raised an eyebrow at them but didn't question it. As Dumbledore spoke up about us having a 'safe holiday' and 'having fun', I zoned out. I thought about what would happen next at home. Would Mother be in a mood again? Would father ignore me? Pretending I don't exist? I sighed softly, and the our food popped up, I grabbed a couple things and started to eat. I didn't eat much, I really wasn't in the mood. I had all of this worry, and anxiety to handle. And honestly, I couldn't handle it. For once, I actually wanted to stay at school for christmas. Okay, just this once, I'll admit that I'm scared. Im scared to go home. I'm scared to even think about what will happen. I'm scared, knowing that the Dark Lord is in my home. I'm scared, because Draco said he wanted me to join this 'army'.

I couldn't eat anymore, so I finished my drink and got up. But before I could even go anywhere, Draco grabbed my arm.

"Please, don't think about it. I'll be there, I can promise that you'll be okay." Draco whispered softly. I shrugged my arm out of his grip,

"But you can't promise that I won't feel alone.." I mumbled softly. I knew Draco heard, because his face dropped.

"Lyra-" He started, but I left, walking out of the Great Hall. As I walked along, I could hear footsteps behind me. Glancing back, I expected to see Draco, but instead, I saw Snape. Not thinking anything of it, I kept walking.

"Miss Malfoy? A word please" Snape said in his normal mono-tone voice.

I stopped, and turned to look at him, "Sir, Professor, I still need to pack my things-" But I got cut off by my Head of house.

"That can wait" He said and walked to his classroom. I followed quietly, trying to think what this may have been about. He sat at his desk and looked at me,

"Take a seat" He said and motioned for me to sit down. Of course, I followed his instructions and sat down.

"Lyra, I need you to answer honestly, and think about these questions carefully. Do you understand?" He asked, looking at me cautiously. I nodded softly and sat up, awaiting his questions.

"What has Draco told you?" I felt my blood run cold. How did he know?!

"Pardon? About what?" I asked, trying to act like I didn't know what he was talking about, raising an eyebrow.

"You know what I mean, Lyra. How much has he told you?" He asked again, snapping.

I sighed softly, "All he's told me is to be ready for something. That's all. I promise" I said covering up my brother. I couldn't snitch on him like that. Not when he's risking everything to protect me.

"Are you sure that is all?" Snape asked, leaning forward.

I nodded softly, not wanting to be here anymore. there was a long silence until Snape sighed and eventually plopped back into his chair.

"Alright, you can go back to packing, Miss Malfoy. " Snape said, dismissing me. I nodded and got up quickly, walking out. As I walked back to the common room, I felt someone pull me aside. I looked up to see the one and only Draco.

"Do you like stalking me, brother?" I teased him, dusting off my robes. Draco rolled his eyes, and crossed his arms.

"What did he want?" He asked softly.

"He wanted to know how much you told me. He told me to tell him everything" I Explained, looking at him.

"And did you?" Draco asked, running a hand through his hair nervously.

"Of course I didn't. What kind of sister would that make me?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"That would make you a pathetic excuse for sister" Draco said, with his smirk.

I rolled my eyes, "Come on, I have to finish packing. I'm sure you do too." I said and started to walk back to the common room.

"I bet you 5 galleons that I finished packing before you do" Draco challenged with a smirk.

I smirked, walking to my dorm, "Game on, brother." And off we went, with our little bet.

But what I didn't know, was that Snape had heard everything. He knew what I knew. He knew what Draco had told me. And now he could easily tell the Dark Lord.