16

Draco's POV:

I was sat in my room, in my black suit. Looking down at my hands, I felt blank, numb and angry. I was angry at myself, and of course Voldemort. Harry killed him 4 days ago. But, Voldemort destroyed everything. I would give anything to go back 2 years ago, and change it. If only I wasn't such a coward.

I sighed and looked up, when my mother came into my room, yet again crying. It made me want to cry as well. But I felt like I had to be strong for her.

"We should get going..." My mother said softly, sniffling as she did. My father got sent to Azkaban, for his ways, and forcing us all into this. Shame he can't be here today.

I stood up, and walked over to my mother, looping her arm with mine. As we walked out of my room, I looked down as we walked down the stairs. I can't bare to look up right now.

We walked out the door, and apparated to a beautiful ceremony. There was green everywhere, all our friends and family. Even Potter, Granger and the Weasley's came, the professors, a lot of students.The Greengrass family were here too, as well as most staff of the ministry. Everyone was here.

Mother and I walked up to the front. Most people were crying. My mother sighed shakily before starting, "Thank you for being here today. She would've loved this" She said with a soft smile. "Lyra Malfoy was my only daughter. An ambitious girl since she could walk. As soon as she could talk, well she was very quick witted." She said with a chuckle, making some people chuckle through their tears.

I felt my eyes gloss over. 'Not now Malfoy.' I thought to myself.

"Lyra Malfoy did the right thing, she chose the right side, and fought for what she believed was right. She and her brother worked together, protecting each other all the way. I knew she was scared, but she was brave, she was ambitious, she was smart, and she was loyal." My mother said and started to cry again. "I-I think she belonged in the 4 houses at Hogwarts, she possessed each trait, but of course, has more Slytherin. And she's a Malfoy" she joked slightly to cheer the atmosphere up. Most chuckled at this. "Lyra had only lived 15 short years, but in that amount of time, she became an amazing witch, a smart girl." Mother finished. It made me think, that her birthday is next week, where she would be turning 16.

After mother's speech, I was up. I had a long think about my speech, but I made sure it was perfect. "I admired my sister, and I still do. She put her beliefs before her life. She wasn't a coward, no. She was incredibly brave, and I've learnt a massive life lesson from her. I remember, when we were little, she would drone on and on about being a healer. She loved the idea of it. Lyra's future career, after Hogwarts, was a healer at St. Mungo's. I tell you, she would've made a bloody good one. " I said, feeling my eyes glossing over. I mentally cursed at myself. "everyday, I wish it were me, who got attacked by that death eater. She didn't deserve it, she only meant to bring goodness. I miss her every bloody day. I can't walk by her room without crying. I can't look at any pictures or portraits of her around the manor. I just wish she knew how much I loved her" I finished, looking up at the sky and exhaling gently, letting the tears fall down my cheeks.

We gathered around her casket, as it got lowered into the ground, the headstone brand new. I didn't care, I let the tears fall down my face. "Goodbye, Lyra..." I whispered to myself, hoping to Merlin that she had heard, somehow.

After her funeral, mother and I thanked everyone for coming. Astoria Greengrass, as I knew to be in my sister's year, came over. "Hey, Draco" She said softly. "I'm really sorry about your loss. We had potions class together, her and I. I'm not sure if you knew. But, she was one of my close friends" She said gently, her eyes glossing over.

I smiled ever so gently, "She didn't tell me no, but you seem like you were one of the best people in her life" I said gently and gave her a hug.

Potter, Granger and Weasley were the last to come and talk to me. I bit my lip gently, I couldn't cry in front of them. I wouldn't let myself.

"Malfoy, We're sorry for your loss. Lyra was an excellent witch. She was an amazing girl" Granger said, pulling me into a quick hug. It felt weird. I hadn't known what to say. So, I awkwardly hugged her back. 'Dammit' I thought as the tears fell. The other two of the Golden trio joined the group hug. We stayed like that for a while.

I'm glad she was with them for the majority of the war. I'm so proud of the witch she became.