14

"How dare you?! You lied to us! We could've been forgiven! Oh the Dark Lord won't be happy with you!" My aunt screeched, as my mother had fear in her eyes.

"My apologies, how Slytherin of me" I spat back at her, glaring at her, arm crossed over my chest.

"Lyra Narcissa Malfoy! That is no way to speak to your aunt!" My father said, voice raised slightly. I shrugged, "She started it" I said. Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see Draco bit his lip. An attempt to hold back a laugh, but also gently shaking his head, telling me to stop.

"Dear, what were you doing with Potter and his...friends?" My mother asked, stepping towards me, and picking leaves out of my hair. "Look at the state of you" She sighed.

'Malfoy, you're a Slytherin. Lie.' I though to myself. "Mother, I was pretending to be their friend to find out what they were doing" I lied easily. "I'll tell you this. Voldemort has a massive advantage. Har-Potter hasn't found any horcruxes" I lied straight through my teeth again.

My father suddenly laughed, which caused me to jump. "You brilliant child! The Dark Lord will be most impressed with you!" He said and raised his arm, pulling his sleeve to reveal his dark mark. "What are you doing?" I squeaked out.

"I'm calling him" My father replied. My eyes widened as I glanced at Draco, who looked dull and sad, then to my aunt who was smirking at me. Oh dear Merlin, what have I gotten myself into?

"Let's get you all presentable for him, shall we dear?" My mother said and ushered me upstairs to my room, which looked exactly the same. She looked through the chest of draws full of my clothes, and pulled out a black dress. "Mum," I started, "Can I wear my green jumper on top? I'm a little cold" I said, and she nodded in reply. I went to my bathroom, turned the shower on, already feeling the heat. I peeled the dirty clothes off my body and stepped into the shower.

I sighed as the hot water hit my skin. I've missed this feeling. As I washed myself clean, I was thinking. How do I continue to protect Harry? I must continue to lie, even if that puts my life in danger.

I finished putting the jumper over my dress, and put some black shoes on. I slipped my wand under my jumper, into a little holder my dress had made, customary done. I bit my lip, and walked down to the dining room, a massive table, full of scary looking people. I bit my lip, and took a seat next to Draco. I refused to look at anyone. Under the table, I fidgeted with my hands. I did this a lot recently. I think Hermione said it was something to do with anxiety. I wouldn't be surprised to be honest.

Someone cleared their throat, and I looked up to see my father looking at me. He glanced sideways, and I followed his gaze to him. He was here, right in front of my eyes. I felt my heart quicken, I felt my stomach knot itself. I swallowed heavily as he stood up, "Welcome, friends. I'm glad you're here. I'm also glad to introduce you to the youngest Malfoy, finally. Lyra Malfoy, who successfully gained Potter's trust, and tricked him. She knows his next moves, care to enlighten us all, Lyra?" He asked and looked at me.

Well, here goes nothing. I die by lying, or make it so unbelievably realistic, I live. I cleared my throat, "Harry Potter, is behind. He knows about the horcruxes, but hasn't been successful in collecting them. My Lord, you are strong, he has not had the capability to make you weak. Harry Potter is planning to go back to Hogwarts." I lied easily. Of course Harry was going back to Hogwarts, but he had almost all Horcruxes.

I looked at him, and he smirked, and started to laugh. This encouraged everyone else, aside Draco and myself, to laugh. "Lyra Malfoy, you will make a brilliant addition to my army." He said, to which I only gave him a soft smile. I did it, I fooled the Dark Lord. Thank Merlin I'm a Slytherin.

After the meeting, Draco and I sat in the family library, just the two of us. "So...did you actually tell...the truth..?" Draco asked quietly. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, "Was I that believable?" I asked. "Look, Harry has almost all Horcruxes, Voldemort is getting weaker" I said quietly. Draco smirked gently, "Oh, how Slytherin of you" He said, mocking my earlier comment to my aunt. This made me roll my eyes and chuckle.

"I'm glad you're okay" Draco admitted, sitting up. "Mother cried everyday about you. She thought you were dead...And recently, I started to think you were dead too.." He said gently.

I sighed a little, "I felt the same way. I didn't know if you, mother or father were okay. I worried and prayed to Merlin everyday." I sighed. He gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Hey, Draco?"

"Yeah?"

"Promise we'll do the right thing and choose the right side?" I asked and looked at him.

Draco nodded, "Of course. But, don't tell Potter I care about him, or like him. Can't even tolerate him" He said which made me chuckle.

The idea of dying, when doing the right thing doesn't seem bad. It pays back all those years I had been a bitch to people. I'm ready for this war now.