Chapter 1

After Mrs. Coulter discovered that Lyra was no longer in the flat, she ordered for her little cocktail party to be over so she could go out and search for Lyra. Marisa rushed to have Magisterium men to go look for Lyra, she ordered that they search all over London and Oxford. While that was happening she thought she'd go to Jordan college to pay the master a visit knowing Lyra could be hiding there. In the back of her mind, Marisa secretly wished she had told Lyra the truth when she had asked who her mother was, as Lyra running away could of been avoidable.

After the search at Jordan was a bust, Marisa never gave up looking for Lyra. After returning to the flat, Marisa sits in her study looking at photograms she had of Lyra on her desk. Slowly starting to get upset over losing her child again, she decides to do some work to keep her mind occupied while there were people out there looking for Lyra.

—————

Lyra finds a nice alleyway to rest from running most of the afternoon. Trying to keep warm in this odd cold night, Pan turns Into a large cat and cuddles into Lyra to keep her warm.

"What is she Pan? I....... trusted her, she was nice. Why did she bring us in to "work" for her if she was actually a gobbler"

Pan looks at Lyra trying to think off something calming to say.

"We both trusted her, well till her dæmon attacked us. We will stay here tonight, gotta stay warm and we'll go back to Jordan college tomorrow and speak to the master"

Next minute, Pan jumps off Lyra's lap and starts walking to a brick wall.

"Pan"

"Pan"

"Pan..... where are you going? Get back here"

Pan ignoring Lyra, he kept on walking towards the brick wall. Lyra gets up to see what caught Pans attention. All off a sudden a hand reaches around Lyra's mouth and a man grabs her and drags her away kicking and screaming.

Lyra wakes up in the back of a van, knowing exactly what has happened she was thinking of ways to run when the gobblers open the vans door. The van strops abruptly.

"You grab the girl, I'll go open the door"

Lyra at the ready to kick and scream hoping to grab someone's attention, failed. The gobbler quickly snatches Lyra and drags her to the empty building. The gobblers think she's just an every day nothing special child that they could get money for, for snatching them, they had no idea who Lyra was or who her parents were. Once in the building they place Lyra in a small room on her own, till they have to move the children to the north.

————————-

Mrs. Coulter gets a letter stating they have grabbed four more children and they are ready to take this load of kids to the station. Pleased with the work, she decided to pay them a quick visit to give them the all clear to head north. Once Marisa arrived she was shown the new kids who recently just arrived.

"You told me there was four new children, there's only three here. Where's the other one?"

The poor man didn't know what to do but say.

"She's a feisty one she is, we had to put her in a seperate room"

For some reason Marisa instantly thought of her Lyra.

"Show me this girl, I must see her"

The man dumbfounded as to why Mrs. Coulter wants to see a silly child, but he obeyed not wanting to get on her bad side and showed her to the room where this child was being kept.

"She's in there. Be careful she's feisty"

Marisa goes towards the door and slowly opens it. When the door was fully opened and the light dimly lite up the room. What she saw shook her. She mutters under her breath.

"Lyra"

Lyra looks up in shock.

"Mrs. Coulter"

"Come here Lyra"

Maria orders that they release Lyra. Obeying the man allows Lyra to be removed from the dark room.

Marisa pulls Lyra to the side when she knew they were alone. Marisa raises a hand to tuck hair behind Lyra ear.

"Don't touch me, I know what you are and I will expose you"

"Lyra listen to me. I need you to trust me, I only want to protect you, that's why I'm here"

"Protect me from what?"

"I'll explain everything back home....... I promise"

Not fully trusting Mrs. Coulter, Lyra puts her better judgment to the side and goes back to the flat. She doesn't know why she's doing this but she also wants answers as to why the gobblers were taking children