Chapter 7

Lyra had no idea why she was taken by the Magisterium men. Did her mother plan this? Was it a big mistake? Will it be a "oh I'm sorry we grabbed the wrong Lyra" situation. No, not in this case. The Magisterium wanted Lyra Belacqua the daughter or Lord Asriel Belacqua and Marisa Coulter.

"What do they want Pan? I haven't done anything wrong to upset mother for her to do this, did I?"

"With how she reacted when she saw you, I'd say she didn't have anything to do with this Lyra"

Lyra was actually scared. Nothing scared Lyra, but not knowing what was going to happen to her and Pan, it scared her. Lyra sat in this weird vehicle, it wasn't like any car she has seen before. Once they stopped in front of the large Magisterium building, Lyra was dragged out by her arm.

"Ow that hurts"

"Walk girl"

Lyra and Pan walk behind one of the men. Looking around to see if she could plan an escape but there were guards and their dæmons on every corner. Once inside they were escorted to a small room with a rather large table in it. Lyra was told to sit.

"Pan, stay hidden I don't need them hurting you. Maybe I should ask the Alethiometer what's happening and hopefully give me an idea as to why we are here"

Lyra looks in the place she usually keeps the Alerhiometer and it wasn't in her bag. Shocked and worried, all these ideas just came flooding into her head.

"Pan, the Alethiometer...... it's gone. They must off taken it when they grabbed me. The master did say they Magisterium can't know that I have it, maybe that's why they've taken me to punish me"

"I don't think that's the case Lyra. Maybe it fell out in the flat?"

Lyra strictly remembers that she placed it in her shoulder bag. She's certain the Magisterium has it now and that worried her. 

Hours pass and no one has returned since Lyra was placed into the small room.

"Look Lyra a vent"

Lyra looks up, all these ideas pop into her head.

"Pan you should fly up there and see where it leads too"

Pan flies up to the vent but as soon as he got close enough he could clearly see it was blocked from the inside. Taking note and seeing if there were other ways to get through, it all lead to a dead end.

"Just give up Pan. We ain't ever getting out off here. I don't know why I'm going to say this, but I wish mother was here to help us..... since you know she works for these people"

———————

Back in the flat, Marisa is walking around Lyra's room trying to calm herself down. When Lyra ran away, Marisa was more angry than upset as she wasn't sure why her child chose to run away from a place where she had everything she could ever want. No, this time she was very upset. Marisa pulled out some of Lyra's dresses and laid them out on her bed, placing her hand on the sleeve or the middle. Without realising it Marisa Laid down beside the dress, her head on Lyra's favourite pillow. As soon as her head hit the pillow, she felt something hard under it. She reaches her hand under the pillow and felt something cold metal like. Not sure on what it could be, she pulled it and and she was rather shocked when she saw that it was a Alethiometer.

The golden monkey lets out some of his screeches. Marisa wasn't sure how to react as she's always wanted to touch/see one but the Magisterium has declared the device sinful. Marisa opens up the round device and just stares at it admiring all the pictures around the face.

"I wonder how Lyra got her hands on one of these. Maybe I should pay the master a visit again. I have a feeling he's the one who gave this sinful object to my dear Lyra"