Chapter 13

Not knowing if it's the perfect spot for the new station, Marisa thought she'd just go along with it as she's rather be back in London with Lyra.

"Geneva is the best spot for the new station. Well done Marisa. It's a safe space and close to the Magisterium. I just hope there are no more interruptions this time"

Marisa just bowed her head to the cardinal and walked back to her little house she was told to live in till the station is built.

A month has passed and the station is almost finished. Marisa tried her hardest to stop construction serval times but they failed each and every time. Even made up lies in hopes she could return home and be with her daughter.

Marisa would write letters to Lyra as it's the only form of communication she's aloud. She couldn't write much as she couldn't expose the whereabouts of her location or what she was actually doing. All Lyra knows is that her mother is doing something similar to her father.

—————————-

Lyra has been living in the flat under the watchful eyes of Olivia and the other servants. Lyra liked Ma Costa, but she just wanted to stay in the comfort of her own home. Asriel never kept in touch like he said he would and Maggie would check in once a week to make sure Lyra is ok.

After about a week Lyra still missed her mother, but now that it's been over a month, that feeling no longer bothers her.

"What shall we do today Lyra? It's my day off and we can do whatever you like"

Olivia didn't have many days off, but when she did her and Lyra always did something together.

"Can we go get ice cream and walk around the park and do a scavenger hunt?"

Lyra gets so excited when she gets to hang out with Olivia, as she gets to do things she can't do with her mother.

Lyra got changed and got herself ready to go outside. When Marisa was home they hardly ever went outside, due to the Magisterium constantly watching them both Marisa wanted to keep her child safe and thought staying inside did the trick.

"Don't tell Olivia this Pan, but I sometimes wish Olivia was my mum and not mother. I do love her but she's just suffocating sometimes"

"Well you are dependant one her too Lyra. Don't forget after she left and Asriel left, you missed them dearly and wished they'd return. Your mother is just very protective towards you...... since Bolvanger"

A big sigh left Lyra's mouth as she knew Pan was right. Yes her mother can be suffocating at times but deep down she did love her.

While Olivia was waiting for Lyra to get ready, she wrote down some things for Lyra to find like certain leaves, acorns, rocks and some birds. Olivia tried teaching Lyra as she knew her life would be on the line if Marisa found out her child didn't get educated while she was gone.

Lyra started to get more wild and carefree not being under her mothers rules. Marisa had slowly moulded Lyra into a mini Marisa, but deep down Lyra still had a wild child streak in her that she hid from her mother. 

It was coming up to two months since Lyra had seen her parents and she was slowly getting worried. She knew their work was dangerous being north, no letters had arrived from Marisa so Lyra started getting worried.

"Don't worry dear, I'm sure they are fine. Probably distracted with their work and will write you a long letter"

Olivia always knew how to cheer up Lyra, weather it be a simple smile or a trip to the park. Lyra was never sad for too long.

———————-

Back in Geneva the new separation station was finally completed and ready to start separating children again. 

"Marisa your job is to make sure the children's family know that the children are to have tests done and as soon as these tests are done they will be returned. We can't let them catch on with what we are actually doing. We can't have what happened last time happen again"

"What type of tests should I tell them that their children are having?"

The cardinal just looks at Marisa and sighs.

"Just lie Marisa. You are good at that"

"You start tomorrow, make sure to get as many children as you possibly can"

Marisa just looks down to her feet and walks away about to her little house to pack her belongings.

The next day when Marisa woke up, she finally came to realise, as much as it's hurting her to do this as it hurt watching her own child be in the chamber and watch the laser slowly seperate Lyra from Pan. Lyra needs to grow up in a world that isn't full off sin and urges. The calling Marisa had when Lyra was born she lived up to it till that day and buried it deep down. Now she needs to bring it back up and rid the world off sin and lust.

First stop is Lapland. Once Marisa landed she was then escorted to the Magisterium building there and was given a brief lecture about the town people. When the orders were given out, Marisa went out and explored the town.

While walking around, Marisa came across a big yard full of children playing. Stopping in her tracks Marisa sees a girl who was a little younger than Lyra sitting with her dæmon who was in the form of a humming bird. The children noticed Marisa and her golden monkey dæmon and were amazed to see such a glamorous woman and dæmon.

"Wow miss, you look very beautiful"

All the children agreed when one boy spoke up. Marisa liked all the attention the children were giving her but then she started to miss Lyra.

The one girl who caught Marisa's attention came over and tugged at Marisa's dress.

"Hi miss. I'm Zara, don't mind the other children, we just aren't use to seeing strangers here. I hope you enjoy your stay"

Looking down at the young child, Marisa places her hand in the girls cheek and smiles. It broke Marisa's heart seeing all these children knowing that over time these children will be losing their dæmons just to give her child and other children a sin free world.