𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝐀 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

You woke up to the sound of your alarm. Peacefully, you put on your outfit for the day and ate your breakfast. It was an overly optimistic day. Silence, a little bit of wind... what could go wrong?

"Hey! Y/n!"

The loud voice woke you up from the peaceful daydream, followed by unstoppable knocks on the door. Shit. I forgot I'm a ninja again.

You stood up, moody. Before the next knocking, you opened the door to see the real optimistic in there.

"Good morning, Naruto. You should not scream sometimes, you know it's seven in the morning."

"Ah, sorry, Y/n." The boy said, seeming a little embarrassed. "I just wanted to make sure you were awake."

"I am. I'm never late. But I still haven't finished breakfast. Wanna come in?"

Naruto (who probably didn't get any real food in the morning) stepped in your apartment and started eating and talking like a crazy. You instantly regretted making the invitation.

He was your neighbor since you started living alone in Konoha, after your parents had to move out to heal from injuries they got in a battle. Besides being a complete opposite, Naruto never let you isolate yourself from the others in the village. He could be annoying and loud, but you liked him.

"So, were you heading to Grandma Tsunade's office?" Naruto asked.

"Of course. She just won't let me breathe."

"Damn, I hope she lets the hard work in my hands. I don't get why you always get the good ones."

"Maybe it's because I'm a Jonin?"

"Yeah, I forgot that."

You both left the building and went straight to the Hokage's office. Naruto chatted the whole way. You were used to it, so you just turned your ears down. You heard a bunch of words related to "birthday party" but you didn't mind. You just wanted to know what Tsunade had prepared for you this time.

You came back from a mission with Neji and Shino two days ago, so you just wanted a little rest. But you were used to the rhythm, anyways.

"Excuse us, Tsunade-sama-"

"Grandma Tsunade! Please tell me I'm going in a serious mission this time!"

You couldn't finish the sentence before Naruto screamed, as always.

"Your last mission were serious, Naruto."

As he started to argue with the Hokage, you noticed Sakura was there, by the wall, holding some papers. You got closer to her.

"Hey."

"Good morning, Y/n-san!"

"Do you have any idea what's going on here?" You asked in a low voice.

"Look, she didn't say too much... but I don't think it's going to be a tiring mission for you, Y/n, if this was worrying you."

"Oh. I'm so relieved. Thank you."

Sakura gave you a smile. Both of you turned your gaze to the blond boy screaming at the village's authority. Sakura sighed. "He never stops."

"You're so lucky you didn't come with him by your side. I mean, he is always talkative, but today..."

"Ah, did he mention a party?"

"Now that you are saying, yes, he did. It's his birthday next month, right?"

"Yeah. You'll have to deal with a lot of noise in the building."

"Please, come too. Somebody has to be a little responsible with me." You said, making her laugh a little. You were about to complain more about having Naruto as a neighbor, but Tsunade called you to her desk.

"Someone is late. We have no more time, so I'll just start. I have a mission for you, and since (Y/n) just came from another one, the hard work it's going to be on your hands, Naruto."

The boy exclaimed, cheered up, and you sighed in relief.

"Sakura, I need you to go with him. And Y/n, I'll pair you with-"

Someone knocked on the door and came in. Before you could wonder who was your partner for the mission, you heard a lazy voice say:

"Sorry, I'm late. Did I lose something?"