𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡

After hours traveling, you felt your feet so sore you would die for a hot shower. You were so tired you even stopped thinking about what happened during the lunchtime and before. While walking, Shikamaru asked a lot about how you felt, if you wanted some rest, if you were hungry, if you were cold. You knew he was used to being the leader in missions, so asking for the health of your partners was a common thing, but you felt awkward every time he did.

You arrived at the village by the nightfall, as was planned in the schedule. You were almost in the border of the Land of Fire, in a small city that had some possibly useful information about the Akatsuki. All you had to do was get this information and come back to Konoha. Yet it seemed easy, you were exausted by the hours of traveling by feet.

Shikamaru guided you to the meeting place. The maids offered you dinner, and you ate it as if it was your last meal. Then, the governant entered the room to finally pass the information he had.

It was a small thing, which could be well used in the Hokage's hands. You sat by Shikamaru's side, his body touching yours a little bit while he listened to the governant and made the intelligent questions he usually did. You knew it wasn't anything for him, but it made you nervous. Without noticing, you started shaking your legs. It was a bad habit you couldn't avoid practicing every time you were anxious and overthinking.

Suddenly, you felt something warm in your left thigh. You looked down to see Shikamaru's hand slowly but firmly press your legs. Only then you realized you were shaking them. He must be feeling bothered, that's why he touched me. Don't panic. Your brain tried to calm you down, so you just controlled your legs. But Shikamaru's hand stayed there, even after you stopped. You were already panicking.

You've always felt insecure about your thick thighs. In your childhood days, you remembered seeing Ino and the other girls talking bad about their own super skinny thighs, so you concluded yours were terrible. Now, Shikamaru's hand touching it... it made you feel sick of yourself. You didn't want him to touch your insecurities, you knew he would think awful things about your body. So it just made you even more nervous.

When you were almost asking for the bathroom to scape that situation, the meeting was finished.