𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

You just looked over your shoulder to see the girl with an evil smile on her face. You gave her your murderer look and she just winked back. I'm killing this pink bitch today.

"Hey." It was all you could say. The last time you saw him, you were making out in the alleys. But now, everything felt so awkward. Was it because Sakura said you were in love? But were you? Well, definitely being dressed like a normal young girl wasn't helping your confidence right now.

Shikamaru wasn't wearing any combat clothing either. It seemed he was having a day off. You found cute how his baggy sweatshirt fell on his thin body. His hands were stuffed into his pant's pockets, one of the wrists caring a market bag.

"Why are you in a good mood?"

"I'm not in a good mood. Sakura keeps teasing me."

He got a little closer to you, looking at you up and down. You swallowed hard, feeling intimidated and something more. You forgot how much taller he looked when you didn't wear your heels. "You're looking different, indeed. But I like it. You look beautiful. Not that you don't look good when you're dressed to war, though."

You rolled your eyes. It was really that different? "Thank you."

You two started walking. You were so nervous you didn't even pay attention to the streets.

"So, what are you doing around here?" You asked awkwardly.

"I actually were buying some vegetables to my mother, and I saw a nice pair of legs, followed it and it was you."

You felt your cheeks burn. You really wish he didn't do that. Compliments always made you feel like this.

"What were you doing around here? Just walked Sakura home?"

"Yeah, I just felt like chatting for a while. And I'm buying rice on the way back."

"Doesn't she have a boyfriend? I mean, you're walking her home, her boyfriend should do that."

"Yeah, that's what boyfriends do..."

An awkward silence fell over you. You felt your cheeks go hot again. Even Shikamaru wasn't looking at you.

"So, where are you buying rice?" He broke the silence.

"Hum, over the rice shop. You know, the bigger one."

"Ah, yeah. Okay. I'll go with you."

You were both in silence for a minute or two, and then you decided to brake it. "So, when did you arrive from last mission?"

"Two days ago. I'm going on another one tomorrow morning, unfortunately."

"Is it too long?"

"No, just a few days. What about you? When did you arrive?"

"Today. Actually, just a few hours ago."

"Aren't you tired?"

"Just a bit. I'll get some rest when I get home."

Another minute in silence. Why did everything seem so awkward?

"So, you're going to Naruto's party, right?" He asked you. He sounded really interested now.

"Yeah. I mean, I have to, or else he takes the party to my apartment."

Shikamaru smiled. "I remember last year. You showed up for ten minutes and then left saying you had to take care of something important."

"Lucky me Naruto was already too drunk to stop me. Wait, how you remember that?"

"I observe everything."